| PRO Watch AJ McCarron help homeless Alabama man in Give Back Films video

PhillyGirl

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/watch_aj_mccarron_reach_out_to.html

Give Back Films' latest video features Cincinnati Bengals quarterback AJ McCarron and his efforts to help a homeless man in Mobile identified only as "Croy."

"We met an unbelievable guy named Croy," McCarron said. "He's been going through some hard times, and we all wanted to get together and do something back in my hometown and, hopefully, help him out, get him back on the right track, give him a makeover, go out and buy him some new clothes and try to help him with a job interview and stuff. Hopefully, we can turn his life back around in the right way."

Give Back Films is a YouTube channel hosted by Kyle Oreffice and Josh Gibson that focuses on people in need and the organizations that help them.

With the newest post, "Homeless Makeover with AJ McCarron," Give Back Films wrote: "AJ McCarron kindly reached out to us and wanted to somehow get involved in a video. We traveled to Mobile, Alabama, where we found a homeless man named Croy. We found him by going to a random church that we found while driving around and happened to run into the pastor, who was housing Croy at the moment. We have seen many people do homeless makeovers, which inspired us to do our second video. We are still in contact with Croy and currently finding him work in Mobile."

The video shows the group meeting Croy at Solid Rock Ministries, checking him into a hotel, purchasing supplies, buying him shoes and clothes and taking him out to eat at the Original Oyster House on the Causeway.

McCarron was a prep star in the Port City at St. Paul's who went on to a highly decorated collegiate career at Alabama. Early in the video, McCarron says: "We grew up pretty poor. My dad worked two or three jobs. My mom worked two or three jobs. It was a rough upbringing, but I wouldn't trade it for the world because it made me who I am, and we had fun growing up, too."

Croy expresses a similar sentiment in the video, saying: "I still wouldn't trade it for nothing. Things that you go through, it makes you stronger. I thank God every day even for the trials and tribulations I went through."

Back
Top Bottom