| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac Jones would have won Heisman in that case.
Or Waddle would have eaten more votes because you would have had 4 players from the same team in the top 6 or 7…Mac, Najee, Smitty & Waddle…Najee finished 5th that year.

Last edited:
Jamey used to have sources close to the program basically players he knew when he was at UA. Now that he's not there anymore.... It's possible he might have heard something from former players...
Former, and current, players are not involved in the interview and hiring process. It’s a Nick and Greg process.

I thought Gattis was the next big thing at Michigan? Kuligowski was pumped up big time when he was hired at Alabama. A lot of folks thought he would be a big time coach here.
Gattis proved at Michigan that he wasn’t the man orchestrating that ‘18 offense. It was Locksley. I believe Kuligowski could talk the talk, just didn’t have the walk to go along with it.

I thought Gattis was the next big thing at Michigan? Kuligowski was pumped up big time when he was hired at Alabama. A lot of folks thought he would be a big time coach here.

I was surprised by the success Gattis had at Michigan... would have never, ever guessed he'd be Broyles Award material. Getting fired after 1 season at Miami... that, to me, is more Josh Gattis (as an OC).

On Kuligowski, if Saban hires a guy he's got to be doing something right. I think his reputation as a DL coach was solid and he'd have come with some recommendations. But, he got to Bama, did not enjoy it, and basically just went through the motions. I don't think Saban or Kuligowski either one realized what they were getting into from the start with that hire.

I was surprised by the success Gattis had at Michigan... would have never, ever guessed he'd be Broyles Award material. Getting fired after 1 season at Miami... that, to me, is more Josh Gattis (as an OC).

On Kuligowski, if Saban hires a guy he's got to be doing something right. I think his reputation as a DL coach was solid and he'd have come with some recommendations. But, he got to Bama, did not enjoy it, and basically just went through the motions. I don't think Saban or Kuligowski either one realized what they were getting into from the start with that hire.
I’m thinking the dismissal at Miami has to have more to it other than just the offense not being as good last year right?

This seems to be the beginning of mediocre DL play since Coach K

I’m thinking the dismissal at Miami has to have more to it other than just the offense not being as good last year right?

The timing seems a little odd, but I don't know. There's a lot of money flowing through there, makes one wonder if some boosters caused the fuse to burn a little faster than it normally would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom