| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is it will be hard to be invested into this season if Grantham is our DC.
JMO but we might be looking at another coach on defense leaving in addition to Pete and Charles. I believe if Nick wants to get JP as his last DC he may consider a one hurt fix or even going to Aug 1st if he must. If that means not naming a DC this spring and allow Todd to be an on the field coach until Aug 1st then lets get it on. JP can be an analyst until the deal is sealed with the NCAA.

We'll see.

JMO but we might be looking at another coach on defense leaving in addition to Pete and Charles. I believe if Nick wants to get JP as his last DC he may consider a one hurt fix or even going to Aug 1st if he must. If that means not naming a DC this spring and allow Todd to be an on the field coach until Aug 1st then lets get it on. JP can be an analyst until the deal is sealed with the NCAA.

We'll see.
I’d rather have a different DC and keep those two as analysts

I'd honestly would have liked to have seen what Jim Leonhard could have done here. It sucks that Schumann didn't want to come here.
He's off to the NFL. And we don't know if Saban ever talked to Schumann at all. Maybe a phone call, or something like that. But nothing ever came out about him and the job. Woudk love to have him here as well, but if we get Pruitt.... I'll be more than happy.

He's off to the NFL. And we don't know if Saban ever talked to Schumann at all. Maybe a phone call, or something like that. But nothing ever came out about him and the job. Woudk love to have him here as well, but if we get Pruitt.... I'll be more than happy.

My understanding is they talked. But, Saban has been talking to a LOT of folks... most of it stays quiet because it's Saban.

That's what I figured happened. Maybe a contingency in case hes not able to get Pruitt for whatever reason.

It's going to be someone familiar with his system (to some degree) and there's only so many of those fish in the pond. That's the big reason the Grantham option is out there... he's one of those fish. The key, and I feel like a broken record here, is just getting Pruitt in the building. The higher the staff position, the better (obviously)...

It's going to be someone familiar with his system (to some degree) and there's only so many of those fish in the pond. That's the big reason the Grantham option is out there... he's one of those fish. The key, and I feel like a broken record here, is just getting Pruitt in the building. The higher the staff position, the better (obviously)...
If we couldn't get Pruitt to be the DC for whatever reason, or Schumann.... I'd rather Bama get Charlie Strong. I like Granthams blitzing concepts, and his aggressiveness as a playcaller, but he's too agrresive on key downs. He'll send the whole house on 3rd down and leave wide open spaces in the middle of the field. If he'd of toned it down a little, I feel he'd be more successful.

If we couldn't get Pruitt to be the DC for whatever reason, or Schumann.... I'd rather Bama get Charlie Strong. I like Granthams blitzing concepts, and his aggressiveness as a playcaller, but he's too agrresive on key downs. He'll send the whole house on 3rd down and leave wide open spaces in the middle of the field. If he'd of toned it down a little, I feel he'd be more successful.

I'm not advocating for him, but I think it's safe to say he'd be working within Saban's parameters, so I don't believe he'd be nearly as aggressive as he has been in the past. For a related example, now that Golding is gone, I expect him to be more aggressive than he was while under Saban. Also, as it pertains to Grantham (or whoever else gets it), getting the defensive line back to the Bama standard will go a long way in helping cover some shortcomings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom