| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just say he's not the character of person I'd want teaching young men, and leave it at that.

I'll add that for those who say that what he did at UT wouldn't be a violation now, I agree, but that speaks more to his character of breaking rules than being ahead of the curve.
I mean... That's everyone out there....

I understand what you are saying......but that would speak to the entire culture of CFB and pretty much all the staff within the NCAA.

It is like trying to support a major brand/corporation that isn't woke. Pretty hard to do this day and age.
If they're "woke," I'm out. I'm too old to care about that.

I don't like him, and I doubt that will change. I won't quit following the Tide if he's hired, I just won't like it. I know my opinion doesn't matter, but it is what it is.

I'll just say he's not the character of person I'd want teaching young men, and leave it at that.

I'll add that for those who say that what he did at UT wouldn't be a violation now, I agree, but that speaks more to his character of breaking rules than being ahead of the curve.

Hate to tell you, but every coach in America has broken a rule willingly somewhere along the way. No one is perfect and they are all trying to find ways to win.

1. I don't think so. Saban isn't going to do that. Alabama cleared Pruitt, but NCAA hasnt, and I'm not sure if Saban is going to wait a while knowing he might lose other candidates out there.

2. No he doesn't have a good month or so. Saban will have two new OC/DC, and half of new staff.. so he need them in place so they can get familar with alabama culture and such like that. So I think Saban will make hires before 31 of this month.
I've not seen or heard of anyone other than Pruitt being in the building. Saban HAS been seen recruiting a lot lately. I very much believe he's not worried about it and that we will go after our guy after the month.

I don't think he's worried about waiting until Feb, he promoted Golding in Feb and recruiting is the best use of his time right now.

I've not seen or heard of anyone other than Pruitt being in the building. Saban HAS been seen recruiting a lot lately. I very much believe he's not worried about it and that we will go after our guy after the month.

I don't think he's worried about waiting until Feb, he promoted Golding in Feb and recruiting is the best use of his time right now.
Pruitt is on campus.

Notice Ya'll been talking about Pruitt and Schumann so much, but not about Lake or Leonhard....

Hate to tell you, but every coach in America has broken a rule willingly somewhere along the way. No one is perfect and they are all trying to find ways to win.
I get that, but I've never liked Pruitt, even when he was DC before. I'm old, and set in my ways.

Notice Ya'll been talking about Pruitt and Schumann so much, but not about Lake or Leonhard....
What's the fuss about Lake? I've seen a few people on here mention him. I know he was at UW under Peterson, and was promoted to HC when he left, but that's it.

What's the fuss about Lake? I've seen a few people on here mention him. I know he was at UW under Peterson, and was promoted to HC when he left, but that's it.
He's a good DC. While he was at Washington he produced some top talent in the league, especially at DB. He's got pedigree, and if Saban were to want him.... I wouldn't mind it at all.

They're in the discussion quite a bit on here actually. Lake not as much as Leonhard, Pruitt, Schumann but he's been mentioned a few times. I'm not sure who Saban brings in, but we will trust in the process

ddf7d2ae7bb6035686f492058bdf1354.jpg

They're in the discussion quite a bit on here actually. Lake not as much as Leonhard, Pruitt, Schumann but he's been mentioned a few times. I'm not sure who Saban brings in, but we will trust in the process
...along with remembering it's always been their goal to try to get it all wrapped up by February 1st. There seems to be a lot missing the difference between "naming" a new assistant and "hiring" a new assistant.

I'm still amused about the fret over Grantham. Who's to say he doesn't get the nod at DC for a season with Pruitt in the wings waiting for '23? Or, Sunseri gets the nod for a year with Grantham taking OLB's?

Along with that seeing so much attention placed on defensie hires when Saban sees the need for "tweaks" on offense ... 🤷‍♂️

...along with remembering it's always been their goal to try to get it all wrapped up by February 1st. There seems to be a lot missing the difference between "naming" a new assistant and "hiring" a new assistant.

I'm still amused about the fret over Grantham. Who's to say he doesn't get the nod at DC for a season with Pruitt in the wings waiting for '23? Or, Sunseri gets the nod for a year with Grantham taking OLB's?

Along with that seeing so much attention placed on defensie hires when Saban sees the need for "tweaks" on offense ... 🤷‍♂️
Well, once BoB takes a new position OC search will definitely take over the boards. I could see Grantham taking the reigns. Is there anything legally against Pruitt making playcalls from the booth as an analyst or assistant to the HC or something? Just wondering. I honestly didn't mind Golding that much but I know others were not thrilled, but I think Saban has an idea of who he'd like to get onboard already and that's why we aren't hearing a ton from Bama's camp.

JMO but I the UGA guy is a Kirby Man much more than a Nick Man and he will stick with the Dawgs (if given a choice). With Nick only having about 4 more years (oh yeah) I don't see why the guy would leave a program that is really at the top and his coach is a young guy. He can get a HC gig from right where he is without coming home to Mama.

With that said, if he was offered the gig and said no then mark his azz of the list of ever returning to Mama.

and I guess it is possible Nick is waiting until this 2nd NSD is done before making all the changes known. Our guy just might be involved in recruiting some good players at another school.

My choice is Pruitt as 1 with Muschamp as 2. Bama has to do a much better job of evaluation of players talent and the mental aspect as well.

All our problems don't fall with Pete and BoB. It is easy to go that route since a new hire will fix our problems on both sides of the ball? Aight.

I am not a member of the Bama Sunshine Club.

Last edited:

Here's the thing: Does Saban really want to do that, sacrifice 1 season just to get pruitt back on board next year?

Here's the thing: Does Saban really want to do that, sacrifice 1 season just to get pruitt back on board next year?
If there's nothing wrong with the scheme, why wouldn't a plug and play work for one season?

The comment was more in general ... no telling which direction this can go.

If there's nothing wrong with the scheme, why wouldn't a plug and play work for one season?

The comment was more in general ... no telling which direction this can go.
if so, Then why didn't Lupoi didn't work out then? Did Saban pull Golding in and replaced Lopoi in middle of season and what happened?

Yeah I knew you were makng a general statement, but i was just wondering why would he go in that direction though.

if so, Then why didn't Lupoi didn't work out then? Did Saban pull Golding in and replaced Lopoi in middle of season and what happened?
In this conversation, but biggest difference would be both Sal and Grantham have experience calling a defense: Tosh didn't.

He was "out" long before his play calling on defense was given to Golding. He was retained with recruiting in mind. A lot thought he wouldn't make it his last season...when he did, it was a given he was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom