| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay…so that stat says top 5 in 2/3…bottom line is WE ARE STILL CHASING GEORGIA. We have just as much (if not more) but our talent is not being utilized or developed as well…

Also…Bama has arguably had the #1 recruiting class 5 of the last 6 years. You can’t tell me that player development is not an issue. Player development=COACHING

Also…Bama has arguably had the #1 recruiting class 5 of the last 6 years. You can’t tell me that player development is not an issue. Player development=COACHING

I'm also not sold we simply missed on that many evaluations. Always gonna have some misses, but we would have had to whiff for years on recruits everyone wanted.

Last edited:
@Brandon Van de Graaff What are you hearing on Wiggins and Sark? I'm getting "that's one to watch" notes.

First I saw of it was earlier this week when some Longhorn sites were reporting the interest (via Twitter). Certainly makes a lot of sense that Sark would want him. I'm a bit indifferent on it... lot of good WR coaches out there... and not always the worst thing in the world for the new OC to have some input if a new hire is going to have to be made.

Spoke with someone yesterday who had just gotten back from the AFCA meetings. I had asked him to keep an ear out for any Bama related coaching stuff but he said it was really quiet in terms of anything solid... sounds like Saban is taking his time and maybe letting some stuff play out. He did shoot down the Kingsbury stuff I brought up the other day... Kingsbury is telling people he wants to stay in the NFL.

@Brandon Van de Graaff Sam Carter's "move" to Purdue catches my attention.

Yeah. He may or may not get him, but he wants his buddy Pete. Not just for the on the field help, but his recruiting help.
Maurice Crum and Chris Partridge—both Co-DC's; one with linebackers, the other safeties: three now in the back two units.

Idle thought: Handing out the title of "Assistant Head Coach" would give the appearance of career advancement; a better job, so to speak.

@Brandon Van de Graaff
@TerryP

Anyone hearing this ....or isit just internet rumblings

Friend thats Ole Ms fan called and said itsin works...
@Brandon Van de Graaff Sam Carter's "move" to Purdue catches my attention.

Maurice Crum and Chris Partridge—both Co-DC's; one with linebackers, the other safeties: three now in the back two units.

Idle thought: Handing out the title of "Assistant Head Coach" would give the appearance of career advancement; a better job, so to speak.

@Brandon Van de Graaff
@TerryP

Anyone hearing this ....or isit just internet rumblings

Friend thats Ole Ms fan called and said itsin works...

Word late last week was the Kiffin wanted to get the staff in order by this weekend which is why I expected there'd be some clarity on the Golding stuff today or tomorrow. Kiffin wants him. They are friends, despite what Bama fans think, Golding is a top coordinator by power 5 standards, he'd immediately bring a recruiting presence that Ole Miss lacks and needs, and of course there's the pervasive theory that, he's a Saban guy - take from Saban and it only hurts Alabama while helping Ole Miss. Remember, Kiffin tried it with his other old pal Cochran too. As for Golding, he would like the job, partly for family reasons. The whole still being under contract issue is a bit of a roadblock right now though. Doesn't mean it'll stay that way, but Saban is unlikely to remove the roadblock willingly if he doesn't have the replacement that he wants.

Do the coordinators have buy out clauses as well? I read somewhere that Pete has a 6 figure retention bonus about a month from now.

Word late last week was the Kiffin wanted to get the staff in order by this weekend which is why I expected there'd be some clarity on the Golding stuff today or tomorrow. Kiffin wants him. They are friends, despite what Bama fans think, Golding is a top coordinator by power 5 standards, he'd immediately bring a recruiting presence that Ole Miss lacks and needs, and of course there's the pervasive theory that, he's a Saban guy - take from Saban and it only hurts Alabama while helping Ole Miss. Remember, Kiffin tried it with his other old pal Cochran too. As for Golding, he would like the job, partly for family reasons. The whole still being under contract issue is a bit of a roadblock right now though. Doesn't mean it'll stay that way, but Saban is unlikely to remove the roadblock willingly if he doesn't have the replacement that he wants.
Be good for OM. And change for Bama would be good too

And contracts and money seems to mean little anymore
Maybe never did

See how he would do as DC with medioce talent

Word late last week
Speaking of ...

I've heard a few say that Tennessee is expecting to settle with some of the coaches that were under the Pruitt staff.

That comes to mind because it's a lot like the Ole Miss story. We know what we know about CPG and CLK. Seeing those three coaches leaving the Ole Miss program while looking over their coaching resumes, you can see Lane laying the groundwork—"here's the defense, hire as you wish."

In the same light, if the stories coming out of Knoxville are true regarding the former assistants, it's also laying the groundwork—the "baggage" being cleared up.

Do the coordinators have buy out clauses as well? I read somewhere that Pete has a 6 figure retention bonus about a month from now.
His contract officially ends on the 29th of February, 2024. You're right he's due a retention bonus (125K) if he's still in his position in February of '23. I can't remember if that bonus clause comes into effect on the 29th.

There's probably a copy of his contract somewhere on the 'net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom