| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, man. On the 27th of last month I merged a thread you had started on CPG with the thread "Coordinator Changes."

I'm not a fan of people harping on one subject. I'm not a fan of several threads harping on the same subject. I'm not a fan of new threads, on the same subject, being deleted and I'm not a fan of members being suspended when this happens. There are Bama sites which will do both, gladly, giddily, and unnecessarily. (That's one of the primary reasons this site was launched and the main reason I came over here.)

I don't bitch about things like this even though I don't care for them. But, I have put tools in place to prevent this from happening as much as possible.

All I'm asking is for members to take advantages of the things I've built into this site. I hope it's not asking too much. 🙃 I just want to make this site as user friendly as I can...and I believe we've done a good job of doing so.

IE: When you started this thread this is what you saw. It could have easily been posted in threads talking about him—coincidentally in a thread @Justneedme81 started on the same subject—"Peter Golding."

It's all about keeping everyone as updated as possible, as easily as possible. Make sense?

View attachment 22835

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    410.5 KB · Views: 1
Is Mullen really as good of an offensive guru as some suggest? I really haven't followed him, but I know Florida fell apart under his leadership.

Is Mullen really as good of an offensive guru as some suggest? I really haven't followed him, but I know Florida fell apart under his leadership.

He's very good, but not great, IMO. He's from Urban Meyer's offensive tree and has evolved some... Spread with RPO and heavy on zone/power runs. Good at attacking weaknesses. He's a good QB coach (but I think a bit overrated in the department by some). When he's locked in and focused, he's a really good game planner and play caller... a bit like Kiffin in that sense... i.e. when he's locked in. I think he best fits as a HC at a school with minimal pressure (like he had at Miss State). I think he could do really well at some place like Arizona St, NC State, Texas Tech, etc. I don't think he'd be a great fit at UA under Saban... which brings me to the next part...

I really don't think he's it. I think folks are drawing assumptions based on what they see.

Agree with this. Mullen has told multiple people in last year that he had no interest in going to Alabama. And there's been some (albeit less confirmed) scuttlebutt that while Saban respects Mullen's abilities, he doesn't see him as a fit either. Minds can, and certainly do, change at times... but based on Mullen's previous comments and the commitments he'd have to make in recruiting and other areas... at this point I'm very skeptical of any Mullen to Bama talk.

Just saw on SECrant board saying that Peter Golding is gone... due to an incident that happened recently. I've heard that someone on TI said that he badmouthed the program , Saban and NIL deals....
I saw this over there as well and laughed out loud for two reasons. One- the man would be out in public bad mouthing Saban and the program that have made him a millionaire. Two- the person posting that and claiming to have been in the restaurant/ bar at the time. @TerryP it was our old friend CB.

I saw this over there as well and laughed out loud for two reasons. One- the man would be out in public bad mouthing Saban and the program that have made him a millionaire. Two- the person posting that and claiming to have been in the restaurant/ bar at the time. @TerryP it was our old friend CB.

Link / thread title?

Who is this CB person? I haven't seen anything in the thread that tells me.

The SecRant Board is more of a place where all assholes gather to see who is the most asshole of all, and then downvote them just to prove a point. There's a reason why I like this board/ Tidefans.. combine them together and you'll get lot of valuable information on anything from scheme, personnel, breakdown of films, and occasionally nuggets. It's way better than having to pay for that.

When Boz joined on here years back, wasn’t he the one that always had a source and these bold statements? There was something up with that guy.

He stated years ago that our QB had a 104 degree fever and still played the game... which is total bunk. No doctor would have cleared him to play with a 104 degree fever, nor would he have even felt like moving with that high a temp. He'd a been in a hospital receiving medical care and observation if that was the case. Yes, CB was a complete tool and a fool and any other word you could/can think of that would equate...

He stated years ago that our QB had a 104 degree fever and still played the game... which is total bunk. No doctor would have cleared him to play with a 104 degree fever, nor would he have even felt like moving with that high a temp. He'd a been in a hospital receiving medical care and observation if that was the case. Yes, CB was a complete tool and a fool and any other word you could/can think of that would equate...
I disagree... You would be surprised at how some people can perform at high level with a fever. I've seen it in sports, classroom, and other place.

I do not think Boz is a tool or anything. He has come through with info that most people wouldn't know about. Either way, That's not what this topic is about, It's about BOB leaving for sure, and Lot of people think that Mullin is the man, which he isn't. I'm lending toward Garrett Riley.

When Boz joined on here years back, wasn’t he the one that always had a source and these bold statements? There was something up with that guy.

He was always nice to me, but I can understand why folks jumped on him due to some of his proclamations. I thought he was a good lead for game worn memorabilia, but he never came through for me on that. That being said, I never really had a problem with him like some did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom