| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize how good of a defensive guy he was did some research. I am on board please bring him back
Hes been very good considering how young he is(32). Produced two Butkus winners, multiple first team all-americans, fantastic recruiter, and has now proven he can call games. Its time to bring him back home. Pay the man what he's worth, and get him here. Please, for the love of God.

If he calls him and offers him that amount of money to come back to his Alma mater, it be hard for him to say "no". We'll see. My biggest fear is Golding coming back.
I am afaid you are going to be disappointed...
Not only PG....but BOB may both be back...

I am with you on hoping it not happening...but.....

Here’s my 2 cents on coordinators and that’s about all it’s worth. IMO CNS is winding down his coaching career. I still believe he has the determination and fire to win. However, I think in some ways his feelings about relationships with coaches and players over shadows his emotions to throw headsets, jump up and down on the sidelines, curse and etc. We all know he still does that sometimes. Some will say he’s gotten soft but I don’t believe that. He’s gotten older. When he came to Alabama he was 56 years old and in his prime. He’s now 71. He came to help young men be successful in whatever that might be, win, build a dynasty and he did. Will he retain both coordinators, keep one let one go, let both go who knows? However, there’s one thing for certain. We as fans will complain and be disappointed whenever we go through a football season like 2022. RTR

Safety play was bad this year. Battle regressed.

Charles Kelly can recruit, but don't know if he is a good coach. He was not good as DC at FSU.
I don't think Battle regressed for real under Kelly. I don't know why Branch played well, but Battle struggled. I still think it was due to scheme Golding use at times that put players in wrong positions. You may have a valid point in Kelly not good as DC, but I think what he learned from Saban, he'll bring to Colorado. I think he'll run same defense but with little twist. This should be intersesting. I expect their defense to improve drastically.

I don't think Battle regressed for real under Kelly. I don't know why Branch played well, but Battle struggled. I still think it was due to scheme Golding use at times that put players in wrong positions. You may have a valid point in Kelly not good as DC, but I think what he learned from Saban, he'll bring to Colorado. I think he'll run same defense but with little twist. This should be intersesting. I expect their defense to improve drastically.

Battle had ZERO interceptions this year as a free safety. That is unreal given they kept him as a half field or middle of field deep safety 90 percent of the time. He couldn't break on balls, didn't anticipate routes, and was not an impact player this season.

Early signing day to post bowl game window.
I have a question. I don't know if it's worthless.. but here it goes.

With school hiring OC/DC and hiring cycle is almost over... Does Saban have candidates in mind for OC/DC? I see Purdue may interview Leonhard and Packers may want to make a run at him given their current situation with Barry and how defense isn't good at all. So my question is this: Does Saban have candidates in mind for OC and maybe DC, that he's talking behind the door? Is it possible there was a agreement in place but both side are keeping it quiet until after signing day? I know this whole thing is sensitive and don't have to drop names.... I just wanted to know if there was anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom