| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said "season is over". I said maybe...maybe not

Yep. CFP

Chances are slim....but slim is better than "none"
Chances are 0%

Ohio State previously undefeated lost to a team, ended up ahead of Bama. If USC and TCU lose, we'd still be 5th. TCU would drop to 4th and Ohio State would slide into 3rd. Season's over my man, time to to look at recruiting and transfer portal.

Chances are 0%

Ohio State previously undefeated lost to a team, ended up ahead of Bama. If USC and TCU lose, we'd still be 5th. TCU would drop to 4th and Ohio State would slide into 3rd. Season's over my man, time to to look at recruiting and transfer portal.
You say.... 0 % chance
Espn says 17% chance

While i think more of you than espn....
At least....17>0
...i being the forever optimistic....
Lol

Last edited:
All I can I say is that if Saban keeps Golding on the staff, that's on him. And I'm sorry, but I dislike the logic of "But he will keep Golding if he can't find anyone better!". He has been with the staff for close to 5 years now, and our defense should have been in the top 5 this year. This was Golding's year to prove he had what it takes, and he underachieved with players like Will Anderson on this defense.

Take a risk. Hire some hot shot LB coach out of the NFL or a DC from some Big 10 school. Hell, tell the SEC to go fuck themselves, and hire back Jeremy Pruitt. Golding is what he is. Keep him again, and next year we will see the same results from previous years: the offense will have to score over 50 points to bail out a dysfunctional defense in a game or two.

All I can I say is that if Saban keeps Golding on the staff, that's on him. And I'm sorry, but I dislike the logic of "But he will keep Golding if he can't find anyone better!". He has been with the staff for close to 5 years now, and our defense should have been in the top 5 this year. This was Golding's year to prove he had what it takes, and he underachieved with players like Will Anderson on this defense.

Take a risk. Hire some hot shot LB coach out of the NFL or a DC from some Big 10 school. Hell, tell the SEC to go fuck themselves, and hire back Jeremy Pruitt. Golding is what he is. Keep him again, and next year we will see the same results from previous years: the offense will have to score over 50 points to bail out a dysfunctional defense in a game or two.
Would love to get Pruitt back, but don't know that we will. Fuck what the commissioner thinks after letting Freeze back in, but still don't know if we'd try to get him with the Tennessee shit still looming. I've seen people mention Demeco Ryan's, but that's not happening. My number one guy to go after is Glenn Schumann. Bama legacy, Alum, has proven hes capable this season of calling plays, can recruit his ass off, and as it stands currently, isn't even making $1 million right now.... we're paying Golding almost $2 million, give Schumann $2-2.5 million to come to Bama.

Last edited:
Would love to get Pruitt back, but don't know that we will. Fuck what the commissioner thinks after letting Freeze back in, but still don't know if we'd try to get him with the Tennessee shit still looming. I've seen people mention Demeco Ryan's, but that's not happening. My number one guy to go after is Glenn Schumann. Bama legacy, Alum, has proven hes capable this season of calling plays, can recruit his ass off, and as it stands currently, isn't even making $1 million right now.... we're paying Golding almost $2 million, give Schumann $2-2.5 million to come to Bama.
Make him say no.

I like it.

I’d offer him 3-3.5

Scale back expectations....when nick said DC has done "really really" good job...2 reallys... i have hopes but little in expectations....
Coach speak can be weird sometimes. It's hard to truly tell a lot of the time what a coach actually means. But, I'm with you on this, since he said that.... I've been slowly accepting that he may come back.

If it’s inevitable that Golding is staying around for recruiting purposes then hopefully someone experienced is brought in to help him out for as a play calling tandem. If Hutzler & Kelley are both leaving then move Roach to ILBs & Pete to Safeties. Let Sal coach the DL and bring in a co dc/ olb coach.

If it’s inevitable that Golding is staying around for recruiting purposes then hopefully someone experienced is brought in to help him out for as a play calling tandem. If Hutzler & Kelley are both leaving then move Roach to ILBs & Pete to Safeties. Let Sal coach the DL and bring in a co dc/ olb coach.
That's not a bad idea. But id rather just revamp the whole defense by getting a new coordinator. After this past season I just don't think he's a good coordinator, for Alabama at least. I'm sure he would find a job elsewhere pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom