| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kool-Aid, Dallas Turner, Drew Sanders (oh how the fans have loved him this season,) Holstein, Byron Young, Latham, Blackshire, Oatis ...

This notion a school can bring in a Yankee and he's going to recruit in the south is ... seriously. Alabama's name would open the door. Grandma isn't cooking dinner. He's not a recruiter.

You be you.
Same to you sir. Hugs and kisses.

Kool-Aid, Dallas Turner, Drew Sanders (oh how the fans have loved him this season,) Holstein, Byron Young, Latham, Blackshire, Oatis ...

This notion a school can bring in a Yankee and he's going to recruit in the south is ... seriously. Alabama's name would open the door. Grandma isn't cooking dinner. He's not a recruiter.

You be you.
It doesn't matter. He's never gonna come to Bama. He's likely to land HC job before being a DC at Alabama.

I still haven’t seen a good reason why we don’t go after Pruitt and Bo Davis now that Freeze is back in the SEC…

Anyone more knowledgeable than me on this?

I still haven’t seen a good reason why we don’t go after Pruitt and Bo Davis now that Freeze is back in the SEC…

Brandon said that Davis is comfortable at Texas.
Pruitt has lot of roadblock to coming back to SEC or anywhere else. it'll be 4 or 5 years before he could coach. He'll be better off coaching in high school or NFL for a while.

Best chance for him to come on board as analyst even with show cause ( bruce pearl) It's doable but we need to not get our hopes up on Pruitt.

Sooner or later, Pruitt will be back in the SEC. I'm on record as saying Bama might as well make it sooner... even if it's just as an analyst for now (which would be a very valuable addition).

Bo Davis could be an option, but there's several guys out there that could be good as well. One thing is almost certain, Saban will lean on Pete Jenkins when making calls there.

Penn St had 297 yards and 16 points last time they faced Wisconsin.

If that’s not stopping people what is allowing MORE yards in just rushing vs a sub .500 Auburn with 5* talent all over the defense?
If we stopped a team at 297 and 16 points some people would still find a way to bitch and moan about Golding

It’ll always be something with some people.

Our defense could hold teams to that every game and some people would still bitch and moan
See, that's the problem. Inconsistency is the main problem I, and other fans have a problem with. If we did do that consistently, I wouldn't have a problem with him. But that's not case, and it's been a glaring issue for 3 years.

See, that's the problem. Inconsistency is the main problem I, and other fans have a problem with. If we did do that consistently, I wouldn't have a problem with him. But that's not case, and it's been a glaring issue for 3 years.
I’ve seen some in threads say Golding isn’t a good coach, which is the furthest thing from the truth, so people would still bitch and moan I have no doubt

I’ve seen some in threads say Golding isn’t a good coach, which is the furthest thing from the truth, so people would still bitch and moan I have no doubt
I can't lie. I've been one of those. And what I mean by that is bes not a good play-caller most of the time, he makes some head scratching calls, I've already talked about this before, but I can go through if you want me to. Hes also shown he's not able to adjust his game plan when we're getting torched, that's also incredibly frustrating. However, he's a good recruiter and the players seem to like him. So theres that. If we'd just show improvement and be a bit more consistent, I wouldn't have a problem with him.

If we stopped a team at 297 and 16 points some people would still find a way to bitch and moan about Golding

LOL. IF.

With his best and most experienced defense this year what were his performances vs good teams? Other than Mike Leach’s air raid he is getting exposed by all of them and trotting out some terrible schemes and players all over the field are confused time and again

OK.

Let me give you a metric to ponder.

What IS a coach, if not a developer of talent, primarily? Calling plays isn't really coaching, by definition. Neither is recruiting. Those are secondary tasks to the primary function-by-definition of what a coach is: a developer.

Have you seen PROgression, or REgression with our defensive personnel? Be honest.

PG apologists will say the players suck and are the ones making the bad plays, continuously and repeatedly week after week, and not PG.

So the box of player REgression is firmly checked.

The lack of development says one of two things about PG:

Either he's a bad developer (ie, a coach), OR he's a bad evaluater/recruiter (contrary to what everybody claims about his recruiting "prowess").

Either way.... Is he GOOD at what he does?

That's a resounding no.

Is he bad?

Saying the results of his coaching on the field is mediocre would be putting it nicely.

But mediocre or average under light of the Bama standard?

It's bad.

OK.

Let me give you a metric to ponder.

What IS a coach, if not a developer of talent, primarily? Calling plays isn't really coaching, by definition. Neither is recruiting. Those are secondary tasks to the primary function-by-definition of what a coach is: a developer.

Have you seen PROgression, or REgression with our defensive personnel? Be honest.

PG apologists will say the players suck and are the ones making the bad plays, continuously and repeatedly week after week, and not PG.

So the box of player REgression is firmly checked.

The lack of development says one of two things about PG:

Either he's a bad developer (ie, a coach), OR he's a bad evaluater/recruiter (contrary to what everybody claims about his recruiting "prowess").

Either way.... Is he GOOD at what he does?

That's a resounding no.

Is he bad?

Saying the results of his coaching on the field is mediocre would be putting it nicely.

But mediocre or average under light of the Bama standard?

It's bad.
By your metric every coach on staff starting with Saban is in the exact same space as Golding, so fire everybody right?

A month ago I thought it was 90% he was gone after the year. I went down to ~50% based on what I was told in the coordinators thread, but it was always still a very strong possibility. I haven't heard any issues like you mentioned, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen.

O'Brien is still 100% gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom