| OT Tua's Family for Tulsi

Tidestalker

I'm a little behind here, but kind of an interesting topic... More political but clearly relevant to Alabama football.

How did you feel about Tua's dad wearing the hat? I thought I noticed during the game that Tulsi G was sitting behind them, but recently confirmed on twitter that she was indeed at the game... And tweeting a lot of pro Tua and Alabama football support.

FTR I'm a non affiliate. I actually like her as a person and think she has some decent political ideas... No idea how I'm voting yet. But in general:

How do you feel about Tua's pops making a concerted effort to jump into the political forum? And let me say this - I think he was shown less in that game than any other "big" game I can remember... Probably because of the hat. I think it's pretty obvious that most Alabama fans are conservatives and would prefer him to be wearing a red hat - But Tua and his family are such a force in Alabama, that I don't even think Alabama fans can hate on them. It's actually kind of cool that Tua & Family have the power to overcome that type of difference... Just my 2 cents.

RTR

I'm a little behind here, but kind of an interesting topic... More political but clearly relevant to Alabama football.

How did you feel about Tua's dad wearing the hat? I thought I noticed during the game that Tulsi G was sitting behind them, but recently confirmed on twitter that she was indeed at the game... And tweeting a lot of pro Tua and Alabama football support.

FTR I'm a non affiliate. I actually like her as a person and think she has some decent political ideas... No idea how I'm voting yet. But in general:

How do you feel about Tua's pops making a concerted effort to jump into the political forum? And let me say this - I think he was shown less in that game than any other "big" game I can remember... Probably because of the hat. I think it's pretty obvious that most Alabama fans are conservatives and would prefer him to be wearing a red hat - But Tua and his family are such a force in Alabama I don't even think Alabama fans can hate on them. It's actually kind of cool that Tua & Family have the power to overcome that type of difference... Just my 2 cents.

RTR

I definitely thought it was different than anything else I have come to expect from their family. I have ZERO issue with this because they are expressing their freedoms respectfully and not shoving it down the throats of everyone around them. I'm not on Twitter, so therefor a give zero effs about what is posted there, but from everything I have seen and heard the hat was the loudest statement they made, and I can respect that. I'm as conservative on the political spectrum as they come, but have no problem with folks supporting their causes, especially when they can do it in a respectful way.

I don't really understand the question of "how do we feel" about it? Why should we care? Who Galu Tagovailoa supports for president has absolutely no baring on me in any way, shape, form or fashion. Everyone here knows I cannot stand Donald Trump but I also don't care if Jerry Jeudy's mom is a Trump supporter. Has no affect on my life at all nor will it make me cheer for him any less.

I don't really understand the question of "how do we feel" about it? Why should we care? Who Galu Tagovailoa supports for president has absolutely no baring on me in any way, shape, form or fashion. Everyone here knows I cannot stand Donald Trump but I also don't care if Jerry Jeudy's mom is a Trump supporter. Has no affect on my life at all nor will it make me cheer for him any less.

Point noted, just wondering.

Usually when politics and sports collide, many have opinions. Not you... others.... lol

I suppose in the polarized political climate today there are folks on both sides of the aisle that literally don't make a decision (where to buy milk, who serves your coffee, what shoes you wear, who bakes your wedding cake) without weighing the political side of it. I am thankful I am not one of those people.

Point noted, just wondering.

Usually when politics and sports collide, many have opinions. Not you... others.... lol

I mean, yeah I get that, but we're talking about Tua's DAD here. If it was Tua himself I could see it becoming more of an issue, but that's primarily because people freak out when their favorite athletes support politicians or politics that they themselves dont support. While I dont care if an athlete voices their opinion on politics myself, I get that people freak out about that. Again, though, this is an athletes father lol

I suppose in the polarized political climate today there are folks on both sides of the aisle that literally don't make a decision (where to buy milk, who serves your coffee, what shoes you wear, who bakes your wedding cake) without weighing the political side of it. I am thankful I am not one of those people.

Oh no, you're def. on point there. Again, my political leanings and beliefs are very well known on here, but the people that you are describing their are super weird to me. I'm in a group on Facebook for comic collectors, sellers, buyers, etc. and one guy posts up screen shots of an interaction he had. He wanted to buy a certain comic someone was selling. The seller then proceeded to let him know that he had scanned through his timeline and since he was a Trump supporter wouldn't be selling to him. Like that is insanity to me but I thought okay thats just an outlier. It couldn't have been three days later someone else posted up screen shots where a guy wanted to buy something from a seller and the dude goes "I dont do business with liberal snowflakes" and then sent him a screenshot of something political he had shared. Like, people really let this stuff run their lives. It's nuts.

Galu was wearing a hat?
z5gkrmud-1280.jpg

Back
Top Bottom