| CURRENT EVENTS Trump vs the Democrats. I'm hearing the word "coup" a lot here lately describing the efforts made by the D's to win the election.

@It Takes Eleven, I've been scrummaging through my book collection the last hour looking for Orwell's, 1984. I read it my frosh year at UA, first semester seminar in New College. I recall some, but not a lot, of the book ... and I really want (need?) to read it again. Mind you, not to confirm or deny any of the narratives we're seeing but just to see how closely they mirror the book.

I've entertained the thought, many times, that some read the book and took it as a blueprint versus a work of fiction.

@It Takes Eleven, I've been scrummaging through my book collection the last hour looking for Orwell's, 1984. I read it my frosh year at UA, first semester seminar in New College. I recall some, but not a lot, of the book ... and I really want (need?) to read it again. Mind you, not to confirm or deny any of the narratives we're seeing but just to see how closely they mirror the book.

I've entertained the thought, many times, that some read the book and took it as a blueprint versus a work of fiction.

Control the media, control the courts, control thought. That's been a blueprint for the ages. If you've not read Catch 22 (which is where the saying came from), or if it's been a while, it's worth picking up again. Also, when I first read Ayn Rand a few decades ago, I thought she was being lazy by setting up such easy straw men. Today, however, her straw men would be moderate Democrats. I've read Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead twice. She may have been lazy with her straw men, but good grief she must've been getting paid by the word. ITE Struggled.

Back
Top Bottom