| FTBL Transfer Portal Entrants And News—

This will be a first for Alabama if he does take over as the starter this year. Not 100% sure how it will go. I know the connection with Reese will smooth things over as far as playcalling/offense so maybe this was the perfect option to make the outlook better. Remains to be seen, gotta win it in Fall camp.

This will be a first for Alabama if he does take over as the starter this year. Not 100% sure how it will go. I know the connection with Reese will smooth things over as far as playcalling/offense so maybe this was the perfect option to make the outlook better. Remains to be seen, gotta win it in Fall camp.

Attachments

• gettyimages-521583598-1024x1024.jpg
    gettyimages-521583598-1024x1024.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 3
I don't know if he'll be a starter, but it shakes the QB competition up. It'll force Simpson to work harder. I really hope Milroe stays.. but probably wont.

This guy won't be able to do anything with the team on the field until Fall practices start, so he was off-season workouts/meetings but that's a tough ask. I think him knowing Coach Reese's system will be very beneficial to his overall development but man it's hard to expect a guy to essentially come off the street and within a few weeks win the first team job.

Also you forget, Coker ultimately sat out a year before playing and did not win the job. (Blake Sims won it) so it would be a first if he wins the job if he sits a year then he's just another transfer QB

The overreactions to it (not here, just on social media and in general) have already grown old and died.

Definitely won't be in SEC though. Milroe will do well no matter where he goes. He just need to land at a school that will develop him.

I think it would take a waiver at this point to play next season in the SEC, but Freeze would reach out. He will have no shortage of suitors though... as Terry alluded to, some have already been in touch.

This guy won't be able to do anything with the team on the field until Fall practices start, so he was off-season workouts/meetings but that's a tough ask. I think him knowing Coach Reese's system will be very beneficial to his overall development but man it's hard to expect a guy to essentially come off the street and within a few weeks win the first team job.

Also you forget, Coker ultimately sat out a year before playing and did not win the job. (Blake Sims won it) so it would be a first if he wins the job if he sits a year then he's just another transfer QB
Two inaccurate statements here:

1. He can work out with team in summerout. Just that coaches can't be around them on field. He will have opportunities to build chemistry with the team in summer workouts.

2. No he didn't. " In January 2014, Coker transferred to the University of Alabama. He was eligible to play immediately and did not have to sit out a year after graduating from Florida State in April. "

Two inaccurate statements here:

1. He can work out with team in summerout. Just that coaches can't be around them on field. He will have opportunities to build chemistry with the team in summer workouts.

2. No he didn't. " In January 2014, Coker transferred to the University of Alabama. He was eligible to play immediately and did not have to sit out a year after graduating from Florida State in April. "
Both are accurate he did not have time to do 7 on 7s or anything like that, which ultimately led to him not winning the starting job despite people thinking Sims was done and gone.

Blake Sims won the competition with Coker as the backup. Coker again competed for the starting job in 2015, and this time won the competition. You copy pasted the wikipedia information and left out the next few sentences conveniently there. He was the back-up his transfer year and ultimately took over the next year. Don't know how much more accurate I can get.

Buchner has talent, he showed that a lot last season. I think his best game was against South Carolina last season in the bowl game, and I'll admit, when I first heard this... I wasn't too thrilled as a fan, but then when you watch film on the kid, you can see where the interest came from. Like with Milroe, and Simpson, he shoots himself in the foot at times, and makes some mental errors, but they all have the talent to lead this team. Like me and Brandon Van De Graaff talked about, I just don't know why he'd come to Alabama other than due to his relationship, and experience with Rees, and his offense. Having options doesn't hurt though.

Last edited:

It isn’t Rees’ system though. He is allowed to tweak it but it is Saban’s system and his verbiage as well. Buchner will have to learn our system and try and mesh with our players.

I guess we better hope Longren and Sayin is the real deal…because Saban will have a lot of trouble recruiting qbs unless it’s a portal guy… A lot of coaches will make Hay out of this…

Look for Hugh Freeze to go after Milroe… that’s his type of qb…

Back
Top Bottom