| FTBL Transfer Portal Entrants And News—

I think confused or shocked/surprised might be the better word here instead of upset.
Fans didn’t see a need for another QB. When the announcement was made, everyone was caught off guard.
I will give you shocked/surprised. But he a Bama player now. I'm with them about another QB too.

@SnakeDoc I'm the one that who every behind the center.

I think this is for depth. We're locked at CB, but maybe we're looking at him for Star position?
I'd assume he's coming in to compete for the SS spot. I believe that's where he played for majority of the year last year for UAB. We also need someone to step up for that position, we have options, but he may be the guy we need to come in and fill in the spot. Story looked ok at that spot, but Key would be a good pickup for that position for us if that's what he came in here to compete for. We'll see.

I'd assume he's coming in to compete for the SS spot. I believe that's where he played for majority of the year last year for UAB. We also need someone to step up for that position, we have options, but he may be the guy we need to come in and fill in the spot. Story looked ok at that spot, but Key would be a good pickup for that position for us if that's what he came in here to compete for. We'll see.
Umm.... Jake Pope, Caleb Downs, Kristin Story, Malchi Moore. I believe Saban said that Downs could start for Defense this fall, if he keeps improving like he has... Story will see playing time, and so will Moore. So, Yes.. this shall be interesting.

Umm.... Jake Pope, Caleb Downs, Kristin Story, Malchi Moore. I believe Saban said that Downs could start for Defense this fall, if he keeps improving like he has... Story will see playing time, and so will Moore. So, Yes.. this shall be interesting.
Downs is going to start at FS. And like I just said, we have options at the position. SS is the spot we need to address. Moore could start there, but he's probably gonna be more productive at star than he would as a safety, he's a great player with experience, so he could be just as productive there as he would at star, we'll see. I loved what I saw from Pope, he was fantastic against the run in the spring game and plays that position the way it should. He could have a great summer and fall camp, and work his way in for some significant snaps(at least that). If key were to come here, he'd be the favorite (in my opinion) to win the job. Just because as of now, he'd be the more polished player.

Downs is going to start at FS. And like I just said, we have options at the position. SS is the spot we need to address. Moore could start there, but he's probably gonna be more productive at star than he would as a safety, he's a great player with experience, so he could be just as productive there as he would at star, we'll see. I loved what I saw from Pope, he was fantastic against the run in the spring game and plays that position the way it should. He could have a great summer and fall camp, and work his way in for some significant snaps(at least that). If key were to come here, he'd be the favorite (in my opinion) to win the job. Just because as of now, he'd be the more polished player.
I'm pretty sure Saban said that Moore has played much better at safety than at Star....

Malachi Moore was recognized as the most valuable player, winning the Dixie Howell Memorial Award as voted on by the media. Tim Smith was given the Dwight Stephenson Award for being the best lineman.

“He actually played safety all spring long,” coach Nick Saban said. “He didn’t play STAR at all because we’ve been developing Earl (Little Jr.) at STAR. But when we had a couple guys get in the portal they were both STARs so Malachi had to go back and play STAR and Earl, who’s been practicing a lot with the 1s, actually had to play with the 2s because it’s the best thing for the team for us to get through today and have two guys who have experience at that position. But Malachi is just a very instinctive player. He’s got lots of reps at doing the things like some of the blitzes were reading the tackle and if he sets deep we’re gonna come underneath. A lot of the other guys hadn’t had the experience doing that but he’s had so that makes him an effective blitzer cause he’s reading it the right way. He’s a smart player, very instinctive.”

I'm pretty sure Saban said that Moore has played much better at safety than at Star....
Like I said before, he could be just as productive at Safety, as he would at Star. Good to know he had all spring playing the position (didn't know that), also a good thing that he looked just as good as he did before at Star. He's a versatile player, and that's a great thing to have on a defense. Little looked great as well. We'll see how our defensive personnel looks come the first game, we have many many options of where to start guys on this team. If Moore playing safety benefits the team more than it would him playing star, put him there. We are absolutely stacked this year in the secondary.

Like I said before, he could be just as productive at Safety, as he would at Star. Good to know he had all spring playing the position (didn't know that), also a good thing that he looked just as good as he did before at Star. He's a versatile player, and that's a great thing to have on a defense. Little looked great as well. We'll see how our defensive personnel looks come the first game, we have many many options of where to start guys on this team. If Moore playing safety benefits the team more than it would him playing star, put him there. We are absolutely stacked this year in the secondary.
Yes sir. I didn't know either until Saban volunteered the info after the spring game.

The best thing from our defense during scrimmage I saw was that the CBs didn't faceguard, they turned and found the ball. If they keep that up, our defense can finally return to being elite again. People realized a couple years ago the faceguarding didn't work great against long jump balls because it either came down to a PI call or a 50/50 ball that was more like a 75/25 because our defender was looking the wrong direction.

Back
Top Bottom