| FTBL Transfer Portal Entrants And News—

Weird acquisition other than CNS must expect a QB to leave. Just seems like a hard sell to the ND QB to come into what appears to be a "healthy" QB battle, when there would be plenty of suitors selling him on a starting role. Obviously the Reese connection plays a huge part as well.

Weird acquisition other than CNS must expect a QB to leave. Just seems like a hard sell to the ND QB to come into what appears to be a "healthy" QB battle, when there would be plenty of suitors selling him on a starting role. Obviously the Reese connection plays a huge part as well.

Almost a lock that 1 of the QB's on scholarship is leaving.

A question here. Does that mean one of them most likely told Saban and was gracious enough to allow him to make a move before releasing fhe news knowing they could name their spot?

I don't believe that that's the case.

The question is when... .. now or after this upcoming season.

Window is closing on the "portal" in a couple days so not sure if anything is imminent. Highly unlikely though that they carry 5 QB's on scholarship into the season. Reading tea leaves, I believe 1 if them (not Simpson) is waiting to see what Milroe ultimately decides.

I know a lot of us are upset about this! I mean a whole lot of Bama fans! But it all comes down to one man that runs the football program. We all know who that person is!

There’s no turning back the clock … the powers that be ruined college football. I thought it would turn into NFL Lite but it’s actually more like an Old West shoot from the hip free for all with none of the rules governing the NFL. This new game has few limitations on NIL, no salary cap, no draft or “trade” restrictions. Colleges can offer as much money as they have access to in order to sway whatever players they want to join their program. There’s no cap on how much they can pay for their roster. Coaches can clear their current roster and in “trade” receive the same number of players via the portal. Both the transfer portal and the NIL were implemented in knee jerk fashion as solutions to societal grievances. And like all such “solutions” those who push them through never consider the unintended consequences. I’ll be spending less time keeping up with college football and a lot more time watching the high school game … at least until they ruin it too.

Back
Top Bottom