| NEWS Tiger Woods in serious car accident

Heard he was leaving his hotel and there was some type of construction and he couldn’t get out of the parking lot. It delayed him for several minutes and he was getting agitated because it got to the point he was going to be late for his scheduled event. Then was seen driving much faster than the speed limit. Sheriff said that spot in the road is well known for wrecks and he wasn’t a local and was traveling at a high speed. Sounds like pain pills, etc. weren’t involved. I hope that’s the case. Sad that we think of that immediately because of his prior incidents.

ESPN is reporting both legs.

Latest on his injuries:

Änish Mahajan, who is the chief medical officer and interim chief executive officer at Harbor-UCLA medical centre, said: “Mr Woods suffered significant orthopaedic injuries to his right lower extremity that were treated during emergency surgery by orthopaedic trauma specialities.

“Comminuted open fractures affecting both the upper and lower portions of the tibia and fibula bones were stabilised by inserting a rod into the tibia. Additional injuries to the foot and ankle were stabilised with a combination of screws and pins. Trauma to muscle and soft –tissue of the leg required surgical release of the covering of the muscles to relieve pressure due to swelling,” said Mr Mahajan.

Latest on his injuries:

Änish Mahajan, who is the chief medical officer and interim chief executive officer at Harbor-UCLA medical centre, said: “Mr Woods suffered significant orthopaedic injuries to his right lower extremity that were treated during emergency surgery by orthopaedic trauma specialities.

“Comminuted open fractures affecting both the upper and lower portions of the tibia and fibula bones were stabilised by inserting a rod into the tibia. Additional injuries to the foot and ankle were stabilised with a combination of screws and pins. Trauma to muscle and soft –tissue of the leg required surgical release of the covering of the muscles to relieve pressure due to swelling,” said Mr Mahajan.

I really feel for him according to his reps he will need multiple surgeries to recover from this accident.

May be it for Tiger. That's some serious stuff, and with the back injuries he just needs to look into his future and being there to support his kids. Play golf casually and in Pro-Ams, but it may be over tournament wise. I got really down and negative towards Tiger when he was in his little grove and tearing up the tour and the nightlife and what he did to his family, BUT, he has come back, fessed up to his shortcomings and worked on being a much more enjoyable person that someone can respect. I hate seeing this and hope he recovers fully.

Really sucks to see some of the updates and the seriousness of the injuries. When Tiger first burst onto the scene, I wasn't really a fan. Had nothing really to do with him personally, but just the excessive attention and coverage he got. I'm a bit of a contrarian with stuff like that at times. But I've always respected his accomplishments and over the years I've found myself rooting for him more and more. I'm not a golf fan in general, but I appreciate greatness. Also, even with his well documented off-the-course issues, he's 1000x more likeable than someone like Lebron.

First and foremost, I hope he heals up to the point that he can just enjoy life with his family in the manner which he would want. Playing competitive golf again? That would be awesome obviously, but it just doesn't seem like it should even be anywhere near a possibility right now. Regardless, I hope for as speedy and complete recovery as possible...

May be it for Tiger. That's some serious stuff, and with the back injuries he just needs to look into his future and being there to support his kids. Play golf casually and in Pro-Ams, but it may be over tournament wise. I got really down and negative towards Tiger when he was in his little grove and tearing up the tour and the nightlife and what he did to his family, BUT, he has come back, fessed up to his shortcomings and worked on being a much more enjoyable person that someone can respect. I hate seeing this and hope he recovers fully.

I guarantee that he will try to make it back, not that he should. On one hand it would motivate him to focus on his rehab. On the other hand, his past and present injuries could make it extremely difficult to compete at the level he wants to compete at. He could make a killing as a color guy in broadcasting.

Back
Top Bottom