| FTBL Tide steers clear of past

this whole similarity to last year crap is getting old.. last year we lost to Arkansas. this year we beat them and came back in teh 4th quarter to do so. The only thing the same from last year is our win loss record.

This season is nothing like last year because for the first time teams are having to play an entire game against u.a.t instead of just surviving the first half and watching Shula's team crumble in the second half. However the talent does seem to be a mirror image and so do the mistakes(coaching & player).

UA will be fine as long as they(the fans) don't run Saban off.

WDE1313 said:
This season is nothing like last year because for the first time teams are having to play an entire game against u.a.t instead of just surviving the first half and watching Shula's team crumble in the second half. However the talent does seem to be a mirror image and so do the mistakes(coaching & player).

Like AU tried to do to Tubberville a few years back...and Cox a couple of weeks ago.

Keep posting your nonsense and you will soon find the exit door.

WDE1313 said:

Everybody was ready to bury Cox and Tubbs before the UF win.

bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:

Like AU tried to do to Tubberville a few years back...and Cox a couple of weeks ago.

I have heard quite a bit of rumbling about JPW as well this season.
CTT was on the hotseat as every SEC coach is after a disappointing year.

WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:

CTT was on the hotseat as every SEC coach is after a disappointing year.

Oh, come on man! You AU fans sit back in your glass houses and hurl your stones in our general direction but you always twist and justify it when it come to looking in the mirror.

If you want honest discussion here, wipe your shoes off before coming into our home. We may not agree with anything you have to say but you need to keep the condescending remarks to a minimal.

bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:
bamafan4ever said:
WDE1313 said:

CTT was on the hottest as every SEC coach is after a disappointing year.

Oh, come on man! You AU fans sit back in your glass houses and hurl your stones in our general direction but you always twist and justify it when it come to looking in the mirror.

If you want honest discussion here, wipe your shoes off before coming into our home. We may not agree with anything you have to say but you need to keep the condescending remarks to a minimal.

If you would like to read over my post you will see that I actually said you guys a better team from last year. You and many others on this board are suffering from selective reading and attempting to make my post out as if I am just posting to bash. Calm down I am attempting to portray my team and my opinions in a respectful manner.

The only thing that will truly tell the test of time is at the end of the season. The record and teams character will show that. To me, I see it for what it is an article..

WDE1313 said:

Who in the blue hell is U.A.T - sorry the lower case u.a.t. No you don't bash :lol: very respectful . We are Alabama the great state of Alabama, not named after a city like Auburn.

bamafan850 said:
WDE1313 said:

Who in the blue hell is U.A.T - sorry the lower case u.a.t. No you don't bash :lol: very respectful . We are Alabama the great state of Alabama, not named after a city like Auburn.

It kind of gets aggravating everytime I read a post of an article WDE uses it as an opportunity to throw in a cheap shot. I never hated Auburn like I do Tennessee but a fan like this sure does start turning my tide.

UAT?

Oh, I get it now. Almost clever. Is this something a lot of Auburn fans use to try and be witty, or no? I guess the friends I have who are AU fans are actually smart and classy, they call us UA or the University of Alabama or The Tide or The Crimson Tide or simply Alabama.

Why the change from UAT to UA midpost? At least be consistent with it.

I was asked to stop using the abbreviation U.A.T and have done so but I do want to explain how we began using those abbreviations. Due to the confusion that outsiders of the state of Alabama have over the fact that there is 3 UAs(ua, UAB, UAH) in this state many publications have began to call alabama the University of Alabama Tuscaloosa. This can be seen in ACT/SAT booklets, USA Today, Newsweekly, GRE books, and many other non state of alabama affiliated publications.

reger60 said:
Hey WDE, just thought I'd say hello, since it looks like I wont be getting a second chance.

I have read your rules and have made sure not break any of them. I have not attacked any poster or any players and am not flaming..... what could I possibly get banned for?

WDE1313 said:
reger60 said:
Hey WDE, just thought I'd say hello, since it looks like I wont be getting a second chance.

I have read your rules and have made sure not break any of them. I have not attacked any poster or any players and am not flaming..... what could I possibly get banned for?

Being an Auburn fan on Friday :wink: .

Just kidding, man. Welcome to the site.

bamafan850 said:
bamafan850 said:
WDE1313 said:

It kind of gets aggravating everytime I read a post of an article WDE uses it as an opportunity to throw in a cheap shot. I never hated Auburn like I do Tennessee but a fan like this sure does start turning my tide.
Cheap shot? if you think u.a.t is bashing then you are very thin skinned. I guess this is good enough time to tell you I am posting this while sitting in 327 Gordon Palmer(thats the University of Alabama Tuscaloosa psychology department :wink: ) as I am a student of ua. How many of you pay 17K a year to this school? If I want to call this place UNLV I will but I will also respect the rules of this forum and refer to it as ua from now on. As for this academic institution that I attend.... I love my professors and I love the education that I am receiving , the campus is gorgeous, the city is ok, but I detest the crimson tide.

Damn computer.... I actually enjoy sitting on the quad when Auburn is away and watching games on the portable big screen with all of the ua fans. I and most AU fans are, contatry to popular belief, very respectful fans.

WDE1313 said:
I was asked to stop using the abbreviation U.A.T and have done so but I do want to explain how we began using those abbreviations. Due to the confusion that outsiders of the state of Alabama have over the fact that there is 3 UAs(ua, UAB, UAH) in this state many publications have began to call alabama the University of Alabama Tuscaloosa. This can be seen in ACT/SAT booklets, USA Today, Newsweekly, GRE books, and many other non state of alabama affiliated publications.

When I took the ACT earlier in the year i saw it as UA (In tuscaloosa) not U.A.T.

Back
Top Bottom