| FTBL Three Things I'd Like to See Today

reger60

Staff
1. Bama ball control. Just like last week, lots of runs up the middle, Lots of second and short, about 40-45 minutes of possession.

2. Defensive pressure. About 7 or 8 sacks ought to do it.

3. Points from the special teams. A punt return or a block for a score would be dandy.

Roll Tide!!!!

reger60 said:
1. Bama ball control. Just like last week, lots of runs up the middle, Lots of second and short, about 40-45 minutes of possession.

3. Points from the special teams. A punt return or a block for a score would be dandy.

Roll Tide!!!!

:lol:

You realize, if we had that many sacks today we'd be sitting at 11-12 which is half of the number we had last year in 13 games?!?

With the push we are getting out of our NT's/DT's I'm expecting a blocked kick soon.

TerryP said:
reger60 said:

Roll Tide!!!!

:lol:

You realize, if we had that many sacks today we'd be sitting at 11-12 which is half of the number we had last year in 13 games?!?

With the push we are getting out of our NT's/DT's I'm expecting a blocked kick soon.

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he? :wink:

I really want the defense to continue gaining confidence and dominate their opponent.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities Jeff.

Others, and some fans, pointed to the loss of Gilberry as a major concern this year. I never agreed with that.

Hey, we had 24 in 13 games last year, 4 in 1 game this year (from 4 different players.) I like the pressure our guys are getting. I can't wait to see something come from our middle linebackers or our defensive backs...none of those guys have a sack yet.

TerryP said:

Others, and some fans, pointed to the loss of Gilberry as a major concern this year. I never agreed with that.

Hey, we had 24 in 13 games last year, 4 in 1 game this year (from 4 different players.) I like the pressure our guys are getting. I can't wait to see something come from our middle linebackers or our defensive backs...none of those guys have a sack yet.

If the DL can continue to control opponents' running games, their will be plenty of opportunities to rush the quarterback.

reger60 said:
TerryP said:

If the DL can continue to control opponents' running games, their will be plenty of opportunities to rush the quarterback.

The thing is, only one of our sacks came from a blitz last week and that was Higgy's. He was literally untouched. I don't *think* the sack Chavis had was on a blitz, but I could be wrong.

reger60 said:

Roll Tide!!!!

So far #3 is all we're getting. :(

BamaDelta said:
reger60 said:

Roll Tide!!!!

I dunno Delta, we may get to see 8 or 9 sacks, just not the team i was hoping for. :?

reger60 said:
BamaDelta said:
reger60 said:

Roll Tide!!!!

I dunno Delta, we may get to see 8 or 9 sacks, just not the team i was hoping for. :?

Yep, the Green Wave are halfway there. What a difference it makes without two key OL in the game!

Back
Top Bottom