| FTBL They probably don't realize it, but the focus on Sunseri is apropos this weekend and NOT for the rea

TerryP

Staff
We've seen a lot of article this week about Vinnie and Sal going against each other. Yes, decent story line, but far from original—geez, it was sitting right there, ya know?

I know we could talk about Sal and the UT defense, but it would be a four letter story—weak. See, I just covered it.

Talking about Vinnie is spot on but the story line isn't being touched on. At least, I've not seen any coverage.

The passing attack from UT? Covered.

We spend a lot of time in the nickel and dime sets? Covered.

WHO needs to have big games in those nickel and dime sets? I can't say I've seen it touched on.

I have no doubt Hunter and Patterson are going to make some big plays. Our defense has always giving up a few as it is and when you add two receivers like that to the mix it just increases the odds.

What has caught my attention has to do with those two, but also a guy not spoken of much; Zach Rogers.

This season we've played with those extra men in the defensive backfield @75% of the time. In those sets it's important to note that we've lined up with two cornerbacks and three safeties. The majority of the nickel and dime sets you see add another CB, but seldom do you see a nickel with three safeties.

I bring this up because I'll be watching one specific position when our defense is on the field: two players to be precise.

Sunseri and Ha-Ha.

Back
Top Bottom