| LIFE The weirdest compliment you've ever received in your life.

TerryP

Staff
I'm watching an interview with Jon Lovitz and the question came up...I got one that'll top most of yours, if not all.

I had a "gig" for about two months creating a web site and marketing campaign for a gym.

(Here's an example of how messed up my mind can be. I had to go through A, B, C's to remember the guys name. I got to "P" and remembered Paul...then Shore.")
Weirdest compliment? Pauley Shore telling me, "you and me, we are the funny guys."

He was working out at the gym, staying at the hotel across the street for a gig he hand in town. I IMMEDIATELY walked out of the guy, across the street to that hotel, and ordered a drink at the bar. I was done for the day

A weird one... I was at a memorial service several years back for a guy that was KIA in Vietnam... they were upgrading his headstone and such and having a Memorial Day ceremony to commemorate the event. After the ceremony an older lady sought me out and complimented me on my singing during the service. I didn't sing, someone else did. But it felt good to be recognized. Real good.

A random one... Bill Parcells thanked me once with a "good job" on a restaurant recommendation during Sr. Bowl week in Mobile. He was talking to someone else trying to figure out where to go eat and asked a small group (myself included) nearby for a recommendation. I offered one up, the next afternoon he saw me and dished out the, "good job" in passing.

Back
Top Bottom