| FTBL The contest for the #1 Bamafan is truly over.

True story. In October 2000, I went into the hospital for hernia repair surgery. Hernia repair surgeries are fairly routine. However, I have, in the past, not reacted well to the anesthesia. They had a hard time waking me up, so to speak, the previous time I had had surgery. So, I knew that there were risks, seeing as how I would be going under. It goes without saying that 2000 was a HORRIBLE season for the Tide. I could not take anymore Dubose, even despite the fact that we had won our game the weekend before my surgery. I think it was a 27-17 win over South Carolina in Tuscaloosa. I just wanted his ass out of there, as soon as it was humanly possible. So, I sent e-mails to every Bama fan that I knew and asked them to forward it on to any other Bama fans that they knew. I stated in that e-mail that I was about to undergo surgery, and given my past problems with the anesthesia, there was a chance (albeit not too high) that I may not make it out of the surgery. If I did not make it out of the surgery, everyone who got that e-mail was to get their names on a petition to be sent to the powers that be in Tuscaloosa to fire Dubose. I was not going to leave this world without one last ditch effort to rid the program of that jackass who should have never been promoted to head coach to start with. Needless to say, I survived the surgery, and once again, it took a LONG time for me to wake up. I was in some horrific pain to the point that I was crying, but the first words out of my mouth were "did we win anymore games this season?" and "is that son of a bitch still our coach?". I was disoriented and thought that it was several weeks later, LOL.

True story. In October 2000, I went into the hospital for hernia repair surgery. Hernia repair surgeries are fairly routine. However, I have, in the past, not reacted well to the anesthesia. They had a hard time waking me up, so to speak, the previous time I had had surgery. So, I knew that there were risks, seeing as how I would be going under. It goes without saying that 2000 was a HORRIBLE season for the Tide. I could not take anymore Dubose, even despite the fact that we had won our game the weekend before my surgery. I think it was a 27-17 win over South Carolina in Tuscaloosa. I just wanted his ass out of there, as soon as it was humanly possible. So, I sent e-mails to every Bama fan that I knew and asked them to forward it on to any other Bama fans that they knew. I stated in that e-mail that I was about to undergo surgery, and given my past problems with the anesthesia, there was a chance (albeit not too high) that I may not make it out of the surgery. If I did not make it out of the surgery, everyone who got that e-mail was to get their names on a petition to be sent to the powers that be in Tuscaloosa to fire Dubose. I was not going to leave this world without one last ditch effort to rid the program of that jackass who should have never been promoted to head coach to start with. Needless to say, I survived the surgery, and once again, it took a LONG time for me to wake up. I was in some horrific pain to the point that I was crying, but the first words out of my mouth were "did we win anymore games this season?" and "is that son of a bitch still our coach?". I was disoriented and thought that it was several weeks later, LOL.
Glad you pulled through....

Back
Top Bottom