| OT The Bye weekend

Son will be ball boy on Friday at the high school game. Son will have a football playoff game on Saturday, 10U. Daughter has a soccer game on Saturday, 10U (she's 8). Son has a baseball tournament on Sunday, 10U. Busy weekend.

Wife drives a 2004 Toyota Sequioa and it has 291,000 miles. We have not had an issue outside of changing spark plugs, alternator, and one ignition coil. Not bad at all! Trying to get to 300,000 and will get her another.
Toyota has it down. My '08 Camry had 405,000 miles and was running like a top when I got rid of it for the Tundra. Basic 5 speed. Two water pumps, one alternator, one radiator, one A/C compressor and a clutch finally at 370,000. I may have swapped out the front rotors, and of course pads and sets of plugs. That's about it over fourteen years. On the flip side, that 4 cyl was one of the engines that used oil from day one, and by the time Toyota got around to offering a warranty for excessive oil usage, I already had 252,000 miles on it. Toyota put new rings and pistons in it for me, for free, and it never used a drop its last 150,000 miles.

Toyota has it down. My '08 Camry had 405,000 miles and was running like a top when I got rid of it for the Tundra. Basic 5 speed. Two water pumps, one alternator, one radiator, one A/C compressor and a clutch finally at 370,000. I may have swapped out the front rotors, and of course pads and sets of plugs. That's about it over fourteen years. On the flip side, that 4 cyl was one of the engines that used oil from day one, and by the time Toyota got around to offering a warranty for excessive oil usage, I already had 252,000 miles on it. Toyota put new rings and pistons in it for me, for free, and it never used a drop its last 150,000 miles.
Thats .....a decent value.... and replacing the rings at that milage....the way all companies should work
Cars these-days are built for around 100K miles....

May try to sit in the stand Saturday morning with my crossbow. Then go see my new little granddaughter!! Our first!!View attachment 25882
Nothing like those GRANDbabies! Mrs. BamaMike and I have 3.

BTW, they will call you whatever they want and you will be thrilled the first time you hear it from them. I remember standing in church, after the service and grandson #1 came up and called me papa. Incredible experience.

Last edited:
MGB. Not much between it n midget. ...
Hard to tell difference

Just loading up on toys for final run...lol
...during that same time period (mid-70s) one of my Brothers-In-Law had a Triumph Spitfire MK2 - which also looked and drove a lot like the Midget...to me anyway. Not sure I could fit my big ass in either one at this point. Even if I could I'd look like 50 lbs of pork in a 40lb bag.

Thats .....a decent value.... and replacing the rings at that milage....the way all companies should work
Cars these-days are built for around 100K miles....
We've had two Tahoes. I think they are 200,000 mile vehicles, but for us the last 40,000 ramped up costs.

Back to the Tundra, an oil change with the V-8 is 8 1/2 quarts. That adds up, even using Costco synthetic.

Back
Top Bottom