| OT The Bye weekend

Can't go wrong with either. I just bought a new to me 21 Tundra (last year of the V8). I had a 2016 model that was/is awesome. My son hounded me until I sold it to him. Just replaced it with the 21 about 3 weeks ago. If you do buy a new Tundra, I would go 23/24. I certainly wouldn't buy the first gen of any vehicle. Plus I wouldn't want a v-6 in a full size truck, especially working on a farm.
Oldsmobile was the GM experimental auto. My dad owned several. Said he was getting a car that was 5 years ahead of the rest of them.

I'd look it up but I'm trying to get games posted in the 'book ... there's an acronym for the frame construction...TNGA, maybe?

The way Toyota handles their frames, frames on body, uniframe (think that's the word) is a rabbit hole...interesting stuff.
I just started reading about TNGA. Revolutionary is a word widely used about it.

The 4runner and Tacoma use a smaller version of the TNGA-F platform which is currently used on the Tundra and Land Cruiser.

Thanks for pointing me to this. This is so interesting

@ElephantStomp FWIW, If I was in the market (and I'm about to be)...I'd be looking at the Ridgeline as well. I LOVE those trucks...

Weird concept of mine. If you have a hard time finding a certain make/model, there's a reason. No one wants to get rid of them. Hence, Ridgeline.

One of my best friends drove his Tundra in the dirt; literally. But damn, man. That's a "nut" every month.

I don't know if this is still the case...'bout 15 or so years ago I built the website for a Toyota dealer and IF I recall correctly the 4-Runner is built on a Camry frame.
It's build on the Tacoma frame, pretty sure.

I also have a '21 Tundra, wanted the V-8, it had about 25,000 on it when I bought it a year ago, 61,000 now. Cab is huge, I love it, don't like the no room under/behind back seat, and the bed's not very big, but I have trailers if I need to haul a bunch. If the amount of dry space is pulling you toward the 4Runner, I had a backflip tonneau cover put on my Tundra, keeps things dry, fairly beefy and easily adjusts for tall items.

@ElephantStomp FWIW, If I was in the market (and I'm about to be)...I'd be looking at the Ridgeline as well. I LOVE those trucks...

Weird concept of mine. If you have a hard time finding a certain make/model, there's a reason. No one wants to get rid of them. Hence, Ridgeline.

One of my best friends drove his Tundra in the dirt; literally. But damn, man. That's a "nut" every month.
Ridgeline is a cutdown van...Odyssey platform.

It's build on the Tacoma frame, pretty sure.

I also have a '21 Tundra, wanted the V-8, it had about 25,000 on it when I bought it a year ago, 61,000 now. Cab is huge, I love it, don't like the no room under/behind back seat, and the bed's not very big, but I have trailers if I need to haul a bunch. If the amount of dry space is pulling you toward the 4Runner, I had a backflip tonneau cover put on my Tundra, keeps things dry, fairly beefy and easily adjusts for tall items.
I loved the Tundra I test drove, I was surprised at the amount of room the cab has, the lack of room under the backseat is a bit annoying.

I like the space of the 4Runner too, ability to fold the seats down for my pup, but if both of my kids are with me the backseats down doesn’t come into play

180K+ on my '06 Tundra. Several months ago a guy in a grocery parking lot asked me if I wanted to sell it. Said it was the best truck ever built and would run forever.
That’s great! Same here, had a ton of guys ask me if I’ll sell it. When they hear the mileage they get really excited. But I’ve no interest in selling. I like it about as much as it likes gas stations. 🤣

Son will be ball boy on Friday at the high school game. Son will have a football playoff game on Saturday, 10U. Daughter has a soccer game on Saturday, 10U (she's 8). Son has a baseball tournament on Sunday, 10U. Busy weekend.

Wife drives a 2004 Toyota Sequioa and it has 291,000 miles. We have not had an issue outside of changing spark plugs, alternator, and one ignition coil. Not bad at all! Trying to get to 300,000 and will get her another.

Back
Top Bottom