| FTBL TE Kendrick James enters transfer portal

It was part of Osama Bin Dabo's evil plan. He slipped him some of that Ostarine they been using up there and got him hooked. He did not want to see a TE beat him again.

Every word of that is facetious.

I believe the sentence for Ostarine is one full season. That's what the 2 Clemson players received. Makes me believe our guys got caught with more of the recreational variety.

Saw this on the Rant...………..

Per Tim (BOL), James hasn't done what was needed to get back in Saban's good graces. Instead, he's gotten out of shape too.

Looks like he gone. It's a sad story that he's wasted his talent and the great opportunity he had at Bama. Hopefully, he'll find a good landing spot and take advantage of a fresh start, by growing up and getting his priorties where they need to be.

The guy looked the part for sure. Reminds me of the Michael Bowman WR back in 2009 (I think). JMO Bowman looked like he was going to be a force for The King but he had sh*t for brains and never reached anything near his ability. It takes more than just athletic ability.

Per Tim (BOL), James hasn't done what was needed to get back in Saban's good graces. Instead, he's gotten out of shape too.

Damn. I'm betting even Brando could have put that one together. :giggle:

In all seriousness, I've seen some pretty crazy things thrown out there these last few hours but if there's one thing we can assume, and have NO DOUBT we'd be right, is Kendrick and the Bama staff are not on the same page right now. It's that simple, is it not? With his history it's the only logical conclusion.

Looks like he gone. It's a sad story that he's wasted his talent and the great opportunity he had at Bama. Hopefully, he'll find a good landing spot and take advantage of a fresh start, by growing up and getting his priorties where they need to be.
With the way players are in and out I'm hesitant to call anyone "gone." Now, it's been reported he hasn't been with the team since a lot of the incoming frosh reported a few weeks ago.

This is not a a good thing for our depth and experience at the TE position
That's one of those TBD with me at this point. He would have been the starter at the Y position. For an inline, tight end, we'd love to have one who could block well and receive well. If they're without James this season it's my guess they'll look at more of a blocking TE for the Y position to fill his role. That expands the number of kids who could fill in that position.

A few have suggested Lashley in that Y blocking role. I could see that happening.

One thing I see as a disadvantage is what defensive coordinators will be thinking when Bama lines up in a single TE set (and I'll use Lashley as an example here.) When we were watching OJ Howard, it was evident teams didn't take him as a blocking threat. He wasn't. We're likely looking at teams looking at the Y position, seeing a kid like Lashley, and assuming he's in a blocking role.

For a lot of reasons and maybe most of all wearing #44 he kind of reminds me of LaMichael Fanning who famously picked up Mizzou's running back and body slammed him to the ground. For that suplex move, I remember coach Saban made him write an apology to Pinkett. What a frickin' manchild.

$

It never gets old

$

Back
Top Bottom