| FTBL Star vs AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
VirginiaTider22 said:
It is somewhat depressing to find out about the whole MLB thing. AJ said himself that if he did fo first round he would follow the MLB route. Scares me for this reason: high school kid throwing at or around 90mph, that is felt has not peaked at this point in his career almost certainly = first round. I hope we are recruiting other QB's for this class. I like AJ and feel he is a great athelete with an ever better head on his shoulders. He is a can't miss in the MLB draft if he has a good season. I hope he has a awful baseball season and I know that is selfish, but he will be one of the better QB's Bama has seen when it is all said and done imho. :twisted:

I've never seen see AJ play, but I'm a bit skeptical of this 90'ish MPH fastball. If there is one thing I know, it is HS fastball's are like HS 40 times... they are almost always fudged a little... or a lot. not saying his is for sure, but I do know that he is NOT high on the draft radar of scouts like Destin Hood was at this time last year.

CrimsonPirate said:
I'm like the great majority of posters here and Alabama fans in general. I don't care if a player is black, white, red, blue, green, pink, or purple. If he's the best at a position, play him.

If memory serves (and many times mine doesn't), we've had two black starting QBs: Walter Lewis and Danny Woodson. One was pretty dang good; one was not. So what does that say? Not a dang thing.

Btw, do we have to learn that dang texting lingo to post here, now? Some of this stuff is unreadable.

u forgetting Andrew Zow. :lol:

anyway, away from that race topic, i didnt mean to get in nothin over that i just had to say my peace, i said in my first post that Saban would play the better QB.

by the way, i really hope AJ doesnt go MLB. that would suck. MLB killin us.

Birdman37 said:
CrimsonPirate said:
I'm like the great majority of posters here and Alabama fans in general. I don't care if a player is black, white, red, blue, green, pink, or purple. If he's the best at a position, play him.

If memory serves (and many times mine doesn't), we've had two black starting QBs: Walter Lewis and Danny Woodson. One was pretty dang good; one was not. So what does that say? Not a dang thing.

Btw, do we have to learn that dang texting lingo to post here, now? Some of this stuff is unreadable.

u forgetting Andrew Zow. :lol:

anyway, away from that race topic, i didnt mean to get in nothin over that i just had to say my peace, i said in my first post that Saban would play the better QB.

by the way, i really hope AJ doesnt go MLB. that would suck. MLB killin us.

Hard to believe someone could forget Zow, he had some great games. :)

VirginiaTider22 said:
No I haven't... This is not a political board but here are a few facts...
1. Companies must hire X amount of minorities regardless if there are more qualified people applying for that job.
2. There is a contingency of media outlets dedicated to ethnicities such as Ebony, BET, etc... If there was a CET or a WHITE magazine the proprietor would be considered racist.
3. Universitys must admit X amount of minorities regardless of applicants qualifications. Example: If student A has a core GPA of 4.0 and active in a variety of different clubs, societies, etc. Then student B who is a sub par to average student but is listed as another race than caucasian and the University has not met that minority quota then student A will be denied.
3. There are a variety of different college funds set up for minorities, but there cannot be a college fund or foundation set up for the sole purpose of a caucasian student...
The list goes on and on... That my friend is racism at its peak. I am a minority and I think in order for my race and others to be precieves as equal then all of this needs to stop. A man should be based on his worth and not the color of his skin. My parents nor my grandparents, etc., you get the point, were slaves. I have coached many young men throughout my career that use their race as a crutch and are taught at home from their parents to be dependent on a blurred since of equality. Racism is a word, plain and simple, that allows people to continually get free passes in life and not to be seen for their worth. It is sickening to me that someone would think people are racist based on precieved notions of whether a black qb is given unfair criticism based on the color of his skin. Yes, racism does exist but based on unfair and unjust systems geared to allow various ethnicities a advantage on skin color and not a mans worth. I guess I was raised different. I see men and women not black and white.
For the record I am a minority, so I guess I have a little background knowledge on the subject. It actually sickens me to think people can't be seen for their worth and contributions. Free passes are for ice cream parlors and white stone pillars. I never recieved my forty acres or my mule and I have never complained. lol

I am not posting to debate race, just clarify affirmative action. Anthropological ideology behind it goes something like this:

Think in terms of life as a race (not as in racial - but as a foot race). The starting gun fired and the white runners were allowed to start the race. They got halfway around the track before the black runners were allowed to leave the starting line. Affirmative action is designed to help the black runners catch up - not to hold back the white runners.

Again, I am not wanting to argue the validity of this view, just clarify it. I once held the same view of affirmative action that you do, however after living in a dozen different towns in Alabama, Mississippi, and Kentucky, taking graduate courses in anthropology, reading volumes of information, and writing a major research paper on the subject, I have a better understanding of the basics of ethnocentrism and racism than I did when I held the view of affirmative action as discriminatory.

As for white people not having scholarships and magazines - we do. The scholarship criteria may not be "white," but since being white is a given for the other criteria, it amounts to the same thing. As for the magazines, Ebony and others contain information that caters to the interest of blacks...and the vast majority of information contained in tons of magazines is geared toward the interest of whites - it doesn't need a title to identify it as such. White people can read Ebony...black people can read Field and Stream...if either are interested.

Ok. If you folks want to discuss the abilities and potentials of AJ and Star, start a new thread. If you want to discuss race issues, do so in the political forum. I (we) hate locking threads and curtailing discussion, but this football board is not the place for such debates. We will not stop anyone from carrying on this discussion on the Policital board, but as for this thread, enough is enough.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom