| FTBL Stabler found "Not Guilty" on DUI charge...

Optimus said:
Kevin4Bama said:
Optimus said:
Well money talks and B.S. walks. Must be nice.

If money talks, it was someone else's money. He is broke and still owes a great deal of money to the IRS. His ex-wife, Rose, has agreed to sell her house on Ono Island to help pay his back taxes.

That's not the point at all, it's the 3rd time for DUI. That's the point Kevin, now do you think you or I would be let go. Hell no, as for money, I'd bet the man has more than any 2 combined on this board. I don't think he's "BROKE" by any means? I'd also be willing to bet not living in the poor house either.

psst! whoa there....hahem read this first....

http://blog.al.com/live/2008/10/stablers_estranged_wife_asks_j.html

I have had friends and family killed by drunk drivers over the course of my lifetime and it is a frustrating and angering occurrence.

I also wasn't there in K. Stabler's truck that night and have no idea if he was intoxicated or not to a level that would be considered illegal, according to Alabama law, or dangerous.

Were any of you there that night? Just curious.

Yes, he is a drinker. Yes, he has been convicted of DUI's.

But, does that allow you to sanctimoniously pass a guilty verdict on him from the comfortable confines of your warm computer chair?

Was he drunk? Do you know that he was? If you don't know, the best thing to do would probably be not to judge this person and offer superfluous opinions concering his employment and his life as if you have that right.

CtrlAltieDel said:
I have had friends and family killed by drunk drivers over the course of my lifetime and it is a frustrating and angering occurrence.

I also wasn't there in K. Stabler's truck that night and have no idea if he was intoxicated or not to a level that would be considered illegal, according to Alabama law, or dangerous.

But, does that allow you to sanctimoniously pass a guilty verdict on him from the comfortable confines of your warm computer chair?

Was he drunk? Do you know that he was? If you don't know, the best thing to do would probably be not to judge this person as if you have that right.

Amen. Preach it Altie!

Yeah, the hell with responsible and civil behavior as long as it does not interfere with your Alabama football experience.

Doubt Chuckie was serious.

They go together like peanut butter and jelly.
You mean peanut butter MURRY.

Was he drunk? Do you know that he was? If you don't know, the best thing to do would probably be not to judge this person as if you have that right.
Fortunately for us we do have the right, because how he has made his living (Playing football and commentating). I said it once and I'll say again perception is everything and we do not need a bad perception at the University of Alabama.

son of tradition said:
Yeah, the hell with responsible and civil behavior as long as it does not interfere with your Alabama football experience.

Fortunately for us we do have the right, because how he has made his living (Playing football and commentating). I said it once and I'll say again perception is everything and we do not need a bad perception at the University of Alabama.

First of all, if you are doing multiple quotes, please identify each poster instead of making it seem as if the same poster made all the quotes.

Secondly, were you there when the police stopped Stabler? If not, you are just a 'yappin and don't really know what you are talking about.

His employment has nothing to do with you and gives you no rights over his livelihood and you aren't allowed to determine if he will be able to feed his family or not. Sorry.

CtrlAltieDel said:
son of tradition said:

First of all, if you are doing multiple quotes, please identify each poster instead of making it seem as if the same poster made all the quotes.

Secondly, were you there when the police stopped Stabler? If not, you are just a 'yappin and don't really know what you are talking about.

His employment has nothing to do with you and gives you no rights over his livelihood and you aren't allowed to determine if he will be able to feed his family or not. Sorry.

+1 to you

I apologize for not giving credit to each quote.

I didn't say weather Kenny was drinking or not. So Im not just yapping and I don't appreciate the personal attack. I just said that the perception did not look well. I do beleive that I am entitled to my opinion on the matter. Previous DUI's plus another arrest equals bad perception.

BamaHubMan said:
Optimus said:
Kevin4Bama said:
Optimus said:
Well money talks and B.S. walks. Must be nice.

If money talks, it was someone else's money. He is broke and still owes a great deal of money to the IRS. His ex-wife, Rose, has agreed to sell her house on Ono Island to help pay his back taxes.

That's not the point at all, it's the 3rd time for DUI. That's the point Kevin, now do you think you or I would be let go. Hell no, as for money, I'd bet the man has more than any 2 combined on this board. I don't think he's "BROKE" by any means? I'd also be willing to bet not living in the poor house either.

psst! whoa there....hahem read this first....

http://blog.al.com/live/2008/10/stablers_estranged_wife_asks_j.html

PSST I just paid 5000 myself his personal problems are his problems alone. As stated before, I'd bet he is not in the poor house.

son of tradition said:
I love me some Kenny but you dont refuse a breathalyzer unless you have been drinking. I have lost a lot of respect for someone whom should have owned up for what he did. He could have killed someone. Now with that said perception is everything. I do not want him as a commentator with Alabama.

son of tradition said:
I didn't say weather Kenny was drinking or not. So Im not just yapping and I don't appreciate the personal attack. I just said that the perception did not look well. I do beleive that I am entitled to my opinion on the matter. Previous DUI's plus another arrest equals bad perception.

:?

CtrlAltieDel said:

Was he drunk? Do you know that he was? If you don't know, the best thing to do would probably be not to judge this person and offer superfluous opinions concering his employment and his life as if you have that right.

I find myself in partial agreement with Altie.

I agree that we shouldn't judge whether he was drunk or not. We don't know and there is no way for us to know.

Wher I don't agree is this. Being part of the CTSN, he is part of the media. In the media, perception IS reality. And the reality is he's viewed as a drunk. With that, it looks bad on UA if he stays part of our broadcasting team.

I love listening to Kenny on the radio. Waaaay more than Eli. He knows his football, and he doesn't sugar coat things. If it sux, he says it sux. If it looks good, he says it looks good. But, with all that said, I'd prefer he not come back. Hopefully, he'll realize what image it would give to the University if he did come back and not even try.

Bama Bo said:
CtrlAltieDel said:

I find myself in partial agreement with Altie.

I agree that we shouldn't judge whether he was drunk or not. We don't know and there is no way for us to know.

Wher I don't agree is this. Being part of the CTSN, he is part of the media. In the media, perception IS reality. And the reality is he's viewed as a drunk. With that, it looks bad on UA if he stays part of our broadcasting team.

I love listening to Kenny on the radio. Waaaay more than Eli. He knows his football, and he doesn't sugar coat things. If it sux, he says it sux. If it looks good, he says it looks good. But, with all that said, I'd prefer he not come back. Hopefully, he'll realize what image it would give to the University if he did come back and not even try.

While I abhor drunk driving, it is an interesting dynamic when someone is a "public figure." If a university professor got a DUI, chances are that you would never hear about it and little or nothing would come of it. The same thing goes for a person who works in the physical plant, or such. A person who works at any business or company in Tuscaloosa could have a DUI and nothing would be said. I know an attorney in Tuscaloosa who has had a few and is still very successful.

Because Stabler is a public figure, it is big news and his job is in jeopardy. I would hazard to guess that almost anyone on this board could get a DUI with no repercussions outside of the related fines...as long as you do your job, your personal life is your personal life. It is only a black eye to the University because he is Kenny Stabler.

Stabler needs help. It is obvious to me that he has a problem...or at least evidence points to that. I don't know that terminating his employment will help.

Just my .02.

Sticking up for this guy is a joke, you should be ashamed of yourselves. This was his third time, and he wasn't convicted. He refused a breathalyzer, what am I supposed to think? Who in their right mind refuses if they haven't been drinking. Here's the law:

http://www.alabama-dui-laws.com/DUI_Laws_in_Alabama.html

If this was you or me, minimum of 60 days in jail, $10k fine and 3 years w/o a license.

Stabler is a joke. How many times do you think he's been pulled over and let off the hook because of who he is? I guess it would be ok for Stabler to kill your son, daughter, wife, husband, parents, aunt, uncles, nieces and nephews because he was a helluva football player.

As a graduate of U of A, if he gets let back in the booth I will be ashamed of the university. It's simply not right.

CtrlAltieDel said:

Amen Altie, amen. We have judges and trials for a reason, if they found him not guilty...who are we to sit there and act as if we were sitting in the passenger seat that night.

BamaCore said:
CtrlAltieDel said:

Amen Altie, amen. We have judges and trials for a reason, if they found him not guilty...who are we to sit there and act as if we were sitting in the passenger seat that night.

If he had not been drinking, why on earth would he refuse a breathalyzer test. He had a clever lawyer and he beat the rap. He obviously has a problem with alcohol and needs help. If he is allowed back in the booth, how long before some Bama athlete gets arrested on the same charge, and presents the defense that Stabler has had 3 DUI's and nothing has happened to him. Put Barry Krauss in the booth permanently.

TigerBait3 said:
TideAlum05 said:
Sticking up for this guy is a joke, you should be ashamed of yourselves. This was his third time, and he wasn't convicted.
So it wasnt his third time? Right?

There's only one reason why a person refuses a breathalyzer. Hey, maybe one day he'll take out a family member and on gameday you can brag about it at the tailgate.

Back
Top Bottom