| FTBL Somebody talk Paul off the ledge

Lenny Kozlowski said:
JSLayton said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
Miss St, La Monroe- how the hell could any sane person not be negative?

Saban certainly hasnt been positive after the losses

You are one of the fans that everyone talks about. Expecting championships immediately. Just like it took time to get where we WERE, it will take time to get out of it. Anyone who thought hiring Saban would immediately mean no more upset losses, immediate return to the top of the polls, is living in a fantasy world.

It takes time, if you're not willing to go along for the ride, jump off the bus.

uh look at my posts before spew garbage. Ive said all year we dont have talent and this would take 3 years. I havent vented all year until the MSU game and even then I didnt really go off. La Monroe doesnt have a player that we would want.

And yes I do want to win and Win now.Losing to La Monroe is reason to complain! (doesnt mean Im trying to run off the coach if he doesnt)

IMO you need to jump off the bus because its fans like you that except average (way below in this case)

THIS is the Lenny we've all come to know and to love. For a while there I was thinking we needed to check under your bed for pods.

Welcome back, Lenny. We've missed you.

RTR,

Tim

Lenny Kozlowski said:
AlaphaMale said:
What exactly would it mean if you did lose faith in CNS Lenny? Do you think we can do better?

I still think hes a very good football coach.(and im not giving up on him nor do I think we could do better at this point) Im just a bit disturbed at some of things going on. Its been MO that Saban has wanted to just get this year over with from the start.(me too) However, I think he should have gotten the respect of the players by now.(from the suspensions it certainly doesnt appear he has) IMO hes wasted a good opportunity in getting their attention. (what year 1 should really be)

It's probably going to take more than just 11 games to get some of the mindsets on this team changed.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. One step in this process that will be successful is the attrition. As example, graduating some of the players that should be in leadership roles but aren't assuming that responsibility.

Earlier, you made a remark about changes albeit sarcastically. When I look at the team I see changes. As example, we are seeing Javier (well, make that were seeing) in the nickel position that used to be the one Simeon went to when we used a nickel or dime scheme. We don't see that anymore.

I've not kept my feelings about Simeon under wraps for a couple of years now. I appreciate some of his contributions, but I don't rue the day he is out of eligibility. The boat he is in is the same one I scuttled the day he was arrested and starting complaining about "this will hamper my draft status" instead of thinking about what the actions would mean in terms of the University, the team and his family.

This transition is going to take more than a year, maybe more than two.

He should be? CNS job is to be unhappy when things are not going right, but this does not mean it gives our fans the right to be as negative as you are. "Fans" like you are why I am embarrassed to be an Alabama fan not because of loses to anyone. The players are the ones that should take that shame out on other teams not each other. So now it is Sabans attitude that needs changing? He cant be "Daddy" 24/7 for these adults. He cannot change everything in the first year. To say you are losing faith in him based on this season is just plain asinine. He has changed A LOT already but the attitude of players and fans is their own responsibility and not CNS alone. Its gut check time for the players and fans. If ya do not want to be here, get the Hell out cause we do not need you.

I agree 100%. Preach on brother.

TerryP said:
I've not kept my feelings about Simeon under wraps for a couple of years now. I appreciate some of his contributions, but I don't rue the day he is out of eligibility. The boat he is in is the same one I scuttled the day he was arrested and starting complaining about "this will hamper my draft status" instead of thinking about what the actions would mean in terms of the University, the team and his family.

I agree. :?

I don't know why DJ got suspended the other day, but I think that speaks volumes of our situation.

To be honest though Lenny, maybe I thought about it wrong. I turned it more on DJ than on Coach. Maybe I should be asking why Saban hasn't garnished the respect of certain seniors by this point?????

Then again it becomes obvious that some of these guys wouldn't listen to anyone but themselves. They haven't bought into word one of what Saban is preaching. I don't know, but it just seems that sadly the best thing for our football team right now is to bid farewell to many of those seniors. :?

Notice I didn't say all of them. We have some fine examples of what the crimson jersey is all about...just not many. :(

Lenny Kozlowski said:

I half agree with you.

I AM negative on many of the "upperclassmen" we are saddled/stuck with.

I am positive that it IS a correctable condition.

Akin to having a brain tumor-you know its there/ you know it's bad, BUT you have to wait for your surgery time to DO something about it.

Actually Lenny I agree with most of what you are saying there should have been more time spent on getting respect out of some of these seniors, but I'm not sure if they would have respected him even if he would have tried.

You have to remember they have had four years where they didn't have to respect anyone. That mindsey will take time to change. I really think that as CNS brings in new players and some of the younger ones continue to learn from him we will see big changes.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Kc Bleeds Crimson said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

Im still a Saban sheep but my faith is sliding.

He should be? CNS job is to be unhappy when things are not going right, but this does not mean it gives our fans the right to be as negative as you are. "Fans" like you are why I am embarrassed to be an Alabama fan not because of loses to anyone. The players are the ones that should take that shame out on other teams not each other. So now it is Sabans attitude that needs changing? He cant be "Daddy" 24/7 for these adults. He cannot change everything in the first year. To say you are losing faith in him based on this season is just plain asinine. He has changed A LOT already but the attitude of players and fans is their own responsibility and not CNS alone. Its gut check time for the players and fans. If ya do not want to be here, get the Hell out cause we do not need you.

Listen buddy if your happy with losing to La Monroe go cheer for North Texas or that ilk. Its fans like you that make me embarrassed to lose to the N.Ill, La Techs, La Monroes, C.Flas, etc.....
All is well carry on...blah blah next year.blah blah.

Your basically admitting that Saban doesnt have control of the team in your above post. Yes I to agree that its Shula players but Saban has had plenty of time to get their attention. They are his players now its the freaking 11th game of the season not spring training!

If players arent doing the right thing or "dont care" boot their butts off the team! After having suspensions all year long (including summer) and we have our best player getting suspended for the last home game???? Something is off and if you cant see that your asinine!

Ill be here forever BTW. Im a Bama fan from birth with a letter from the University. I however do not like being average! much less WAY BELOW average (La Monroe)

I am never happy with losing BUDDY and how bright of you to pick up that Saban doesn't have total control yet....sigh that was the point. IT IS THE FIRST SEASON and he has had nothing to do with these players until 3 months before the season started. What the heck do you expect...freaking perfection...that is asinine. You cant boot seniors off the team this year, especially if it wasn't something warranted being booted(I think Saban knows whats going on more that you). Guess we could put a few redshirts in and waste that year....(point being we are building a team). "Our" best player was supsended because he CHOSE to break team rules and all that was talking about in his press conference. Do you even listen before you come on here and BGM. I know I see something off in your logic and reasoning. I see not even a fool understands simple logic you have proven it over and over again in your post. We need less fans like you. I SAY, GOOD DAY SIR!!!

The only way that Saban could have changed every player's attitude would to have cut most of them, and just gone and gotten 80 new freshmen, ones that understand his philosophy, and we all know that would be impossible. Most of our guys are Shula's recruits, which mean most of them bought into his philosophy, which I think we all know now, doesn't work in college. They were so used to his (non)discipline and work ethic (S&C, etc...) they grew lazy. Saban won't let that happen with his guys. The guys that have bought into Saban, it shows, the others are riding a free education and the prestige of playing for the UofA, until they use up their eligibility.

When Saban has HIS players, watch out, but until then, it's going to be a slow process burning in his mentality, you can't erase 3 years of programming in less than one year.

Kc Bleeds Crimson said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
Kc Bleeds Crimson said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

Im still a Saban sheep but my faith is sliding.

Listen buddy if your happy with losing to La Monroe go cheer for North Texas or that ilk. Its fans like you that make me embarrassed to lose to the N.Ill, La Techs, La Monroes, C.Flas, etc.....
All is well carry on...blah blah next year.blah blah.

Your basically admitting that Saban doesnt have control of the team in your above post. Yes I to agree that its Shula players but Saban has had plenty of time to get their attention. They are his players now its the freaking 11th game of the season not spring training!

If players arent doing the right thing or "dont care" boot their butts off the team! After having suspensions all year long (including summer) and we have our best player getting suspended for the last home game???? Something is off and if you cant see that your asinine!

Ill be here forever BTW. Im a Bama fan from birth with a letter from the University. I however do not like being average! much less WAY BELOW average (La Monroe)

I am never happy with losing BUDDY and how bright of you to pick up that Saban doesn't have total control yet....sigh that was the point. IT IS THE FIRST SEASON and he has had nothing to do with these players until 3 months before the season started. What the heck do you expect...freaking perfection...that is asinine. You cant boot seniors off the team this year, especially if it wasn't something warranted being booted(I think Saban knows whats going on more that you). Guess we could put a few redshirts in and waste that year....(point being we are building a team). "Our" best player was supsended because he CHOSE to break team rules and all that was talking about in his press conference. Do you even listen before you come on here and BGM. I know I see something off in your logic and reasoning. I see not even a fool understands simple logic you have proven it over and over again in your post. We need less fans like you. I SAY, GOOD DAY SIR!!!

So your saying that Saban should bear no blame in this year? That he cant kick off a senior? He cant kick off a player that doesnt care? Hes paid (quite well) to do whats best for team. Are you saying keeping these thugs on the team is best?WHAT THE FRICK KINDA LOGIC IS THAT?

You think a coach that has been on the job for 10 months and coached 11 games shouldnt have control of HIS team yet?

Saban messed up IMO during the summer by not booting off the thuggery that was displayed and making the the statement CLEARLY this was his team now! He has lost this team somewhere along the way and that is his responsibility!

BamaDelta said:
TerryP said:

I don't know why DJ got suspended the other day, but I think that speaks volumes of our situation.

To be honest though Lenny, maybe I thought about it wrong. I turned it more on DJ than on Coach. Maybe I should be asking why Saban hasn't garnished the respect of certain seniors by this point?????

Then again it becomes obvious that some of these guys wouldn't listen to anyone but themselves. They haven't bought into word one of what Saban is preaching. I don't know, but it just seems that sadly the best thing for our football team right now is to bid farewell to many of those seniors. :?

Notice I didn't say all of them. We have some fine examples of what the crimson jersey is all about...just not many. :(

That's true in a lot of things and situations. Those type people usually find themselves facing reality that it isn't all about them at some point downstream. If this is the case?....I think coach Saban has probably tried and continues to help them.....but some will never get it. Saban knows it and will not waste valuble energy on it. Reminds me of a disruptive student. In Kindergarten....they send them out of the room so they can't distract/hurt the others. Pretty simple. In this case...Saban's not letting the tail wag the dog as in years past....as painful as it might be it has to be done. Step 1 in "The Process"....clear the crap. :shock:

Roll Tide everybody and HTG!

BamaDelta said:
TerryP said:

Lenny Kozlowski said:
JSLayton said:
What Paul and many others apparently don't understand is that, no matter what the coach says, if the players choose not to respect it, listen to it, apply it. There isn't much else he can do, except what he said he is going to do.

If you don't want to do it his way, you'll be replaced as soon as its possible to do so.

Uh its week 12 when does he plan on replacing them? :shock:

He'll replace them as he can. Right now he doesn't really have any options.

Back
Top Bottom