| FTBL So what's really going on in Arkansas?

I

imported_porkchop

So what is going on with Tubberville in Arkansas? What do you guys think (Barners included)?

It seems odd that only a couple of days ago we were hearing that AU and Tubbs had agreed in principle and were about to sign an extension.

THEN...we hear that Tubberville is heading to Arkansas to go hunting, leaving his agent to handle the deal with AU. Not all that crazy to have your agent handle things, but the timing is odd to be going hunting. Not to mention now there are rumors that AU didn't give Tubbs what he wanted and he's unhappy with them. Oh, and Arkansas just happens to be looking for a coach and Tubberville is an Arkansas native.

NOW...there are rumors from the Arkansas forums that Jerry Jones of all people is helping with the Tubberville buyout.

So what do you guys make of all this? Personally my thoughts are that this is Tubby playing games. I don't think he headed to Arkansas with the intentions of signing anything with them. Instead it's a play to get more from AU. However, it's hard to tell because it seems that things seem to have ramped up and there are rumors and reports coming out of every crack in Arkansas right now.

So why would he go to Arkansas?

Pros-
Tubberville is an Arkansas native so there could be something there. His returning could be viewed positively by the Hogs fanbase and he might be considered something of a saviour to a divided fanbase.

More money?

Stick it to AU for PetrinoGate?

Unopposed recruiting for the state U. Essentially UofArk is THE only school in the state so they don't have to share prospects like Alabama and Mississippi schools do.

Cons-
Arkansas doesn't seem to be nearly as nice a job right now as AU does. He's got a good thing going so why mess with it.

Recruiting. Arkansas may be the top dog in the state but the numbers game isn't the same as it is in other southern states. Recruiting in Arkansas Tubberville likely wouldn't get the number of top prospects he would elsewhere, unless he could suppliment them with out of state prospects. UT has made a living for years doing that.

So what do you guys think about this weird situation? I still think there are just games being played here, but stranger things have happened.

Will we be renaming Tubberville Coach Chicken Truck?

tfayette.jpg

I don't know but it appears to be posturing by TT. What doesn't make sense is the removal of the 6M Buyout. He put it there.

Duck hunting in Arkansas....excellent. Lot's of game.

I don't know if may of you remember this, but a few years ago, Tubbs stated that his dream job was Arkansas. Growing up there, playing football in the state... all that jazz. Now, just because it's your dream job doesn't mean he'll go, but I think he will think hard on it.

Think about this - He jumps Ole Miss to go to auburn, then leaves auburn to go to Arkansas. SEC West whore.

I remember reading a few articles regarding the A&M job where it stated that Tubb's dream job was to coach the Dallas Cowboys, and that A&M would be his stepping stone there. Now with all this talk about Jerry Jones putting this money up for Tuberville(to be at Arkansas), could it be that behind the scenes Tuberville and Jones have plans to get him up to the pro ranks in the future and this will just be a short stop in getting there.

http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7430189

A couple of thoughts...

One, if Jones is so involved in this whole scenario don't you find it odd he's doing his cameo appearance on the sidelines last night.

Two, Tubs said just a couple of weeks ago that Sexton wouldn't have anything to do with negotiations with Auburn. He said it was between him and Jay.

On the ironic side...a school some refer to as War Chickens...being tempted by Tyson?

I have read things this morning that state all kinds of things, including hearing things from personal friends who normally don't spread this kind of stuff.

Most of it is conflicting information.

Bottom line - there are a handful of people that know the truth. If he stays at Auburn, the truth will never be told in a public forum in an manner that can be verified. If he ends up in Fayetteville, we will know that much of what is being reported on NWA outlets is true.

I have no inside sources on either side, just friends who claim that they do. As I said, the two sides are giving me information that conflicts with the other side. I don't know what to believe.

At this point, I really don't care what happens, I just want to know for sure what is gonna happen.

Con:

While Arkansas is the only one in state to get the players, the talent pool isn't always on equal footing. For instance.

2008 Recruiting class
State of Ark top 15
4 - 4 stars
9 - 3 stars
2 - 2 stars

Alabama top 15
3 - 5 stars
11 - 4 stars
1 - 3 stars
Not a single two star in the top 30

2007 Recruiting ClassArk top 15
5 - 4 stars
10 - 3 stars
Arkansas didn’t get a single of the top 3 (2 to AU, and 1 to soCal)

Alabama top 15
9 - 4*
6 - 3*
Not a single two star in the top 30

I think that Wingnut is just using Arkansas, much as Rich Rodriguez used us a year ago. Wingnut wants facilities to be upgraded and more $ for his assistants, among other things.

Some outlets are reporting that Jerry Jones is taking a role in this. This is interesting for 2 reasons. Obviously, the first being that Jones is a mega Hog booster... but also interesting because the NFL Network reported tonight that Jimmy Sexton (Tubby's agent) was a guest in Jones' luxury box at the Cowboys vs. Packers game this evening.

TerryP said:
A couple of thoughts...

One, if Jones is so involved in this whole scenario don't you find it odd he's doing his cameo appearance on the sidelines last night.

Two, Tubs said just a couple of weeks ago that Sexton wouldn't have anything to do with negotiations with Auburn. He said it was between him and Jay.

On the ironic side...a school some refer to as War Chickens...being tempted by Tyson?

Hes on the sideline every game! Considering this was the biggest regular season game of the year.......Id say him not being there would be odd

Paparazzi

weezyfbaby00 said:
Some outlets are reporting that Jerry Jones is taking a role in this. This is interesting for 2 reasons. Obviously, the first being that Jones is a mega Hog booster... but also interesting because the NFL Network reported tonight that Jimmy Sexton (Tubby's agent) was a guest in Jones' luxury box at the Cowboys vs. Packers game this evening.

This paparazzi picture looks very suspicisous? He may be getting more than an autograph.

jerry.jpg

TerryP said:
A couple of thoughts...

The only thing I've seen in regards to Jones is that he's supposed to be the man (or one of them) to put up the money for the buyout. Of course, that is all speculation, but that's all I've heard.

Remember too, that many of TT's assistants are one only year away from 10 years of service as state employees which makes them eligible for pension from the State of Alabama. I'd be surprised if he left.

reger60 said:
Remember too, that many of TT's assistants are one only year away from 10 years of service as state employees which makes them eligible for pension from the State of Alabama. I'd be surprised if he left.

Five of the nine have been with him since he's been at aubrun. He's kicked a few to the curb, and some have left for greener pastures (well, to better jobs anyway).

reger60 said:

Honestly, I will be surprised if he goes. I see Mustychap and Al B Gorged leavin', tho.

Back
Top Bottom