| BSB/SB ⚾#25 Alabama vs. #1 Arkansas - Bama wins series versus #1 Arkansas with 5-0 win, Sunday.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
Obviously, this will be a battle for Bama. Against some SEC teams you can win the series simply by having hots bats -or- great pitching/defense for the weekend. The Hogs? It's gonna take both. And hot bats against them may only mean scoring 4 runs in a game, which puts the pressure on the starters/pen to perform well. Honestly, I just want to see how Bama competes this weekend... they should have good crowds and they play better at home. Can they play some cleaner defense and give out fewer free passes? Can they have some better approaches at the plate? I'd LOVE to see Vaughn change some things with the lineup, but I'm not sure we'll see too much of that (he did slide Sleight down in the order against USA, and Sleight went 2 for 3). I will say, a couple of times in recent years, Bama has jumped on Arkansas for at least one of the games. Maybe that trend will continue tonight...

Whoa now. If I said anything about his ego it was a typo for ERA. I love the kid, he’s had some rough outings, but he may by my favorite player on the team.
Misuse of words on my part. It may not have even been you, but someone mentioned him listening to the hype and there was a response about the light show for his entrance. I just used ego for hype. My bad.

Misuse of words on my part. It may not have even been you, but someone mentioned him listening to the hype and there was a response about the light show for his entrance. I just used ego for hype. My bad.

Ha, no worries. I just didn't want anyone to think I was down on him. He brings a different kind of energy for sure. He gets amped up. Sometimes, as you know, that can hurt a guy's performance. With him? I'm not sure. Most of his issues this season have been control/locating his pitches. He's also had a little bit of bad luck...

Ha, no worries. I just didn't want anyone to think I was down on him. He brings a different kind of energy for sure. He gets amped up. Sometimes, as you know, that can hurt a guy's performance. With him? I'm not sure. Most of his issues this season have been control/locating his pitches. He's also had a little bit of bad luck...
On the mound, being “amped up” is BAD. Got to be even keeled! Once the out is recorded, show some emotion but dial it back in! If he can control his emotion, it will help with his control issues!

LOL, keeping an eye MSU v. OM while watching UFC 300 on another screen. Tied at 8 in the 12th, MSU guy rips a solo shot to take the lead in the top half. He hotdogs it and showboats, which this season usually translates to an ejection (and would have nullified the HR). The HP ump was not happy, but warned the MSU team instead. OM's Bianco (head coach) goes nuts, hot mic is on, and he's throwing his f bombs, arguing with the ump.. so he does get tossed. To the bottom half we go, State up 1... I kinda hope OM comes back and ties it or wins.

LOL, keeping an eye MSU v. OM while watching UFC 300 on another screen. Tied at 8 in the 12th, MSU guy rips a solo shot to take the lead in the top half. He hotdogs it and showboats, which this season usually translates to an ejection (and would have nullified the HR). The HP ump was not happy, but warned the MSU team instead. OM's Bianco (head coach) goes nuts, hot mic is on, and he's throwing his f bombs, arguing with the ump.. so he does get tossed. To the bottom half we go, State up 1... I kinda hope OM comes back and ties it or wins.

...and the Rebels walk them off... the Baseball gods have spoken.

@Brandon Van de Graaff I pitched in HS and then was HC for 5 seasons at Fultondale HS when I first got started in education. I can’t tell you the number of times I had to reel myself in during my career and then reel my players in on the bump. Really is hard to temper those emotions when you have 8 others guys out there with you that are allowed to get amped up.

Back
Top Bottom