| FTBL LMAO Arkansas hires Petrino..... Again

He will destroy what Pittman has built with the teams' chemistry. I don't know of a coach that is more demeaning to players, fellow coaches, and the support staff than Petrino.

Funny, really. When Jimbo hired him I couldn't see how it would work. Now, with his most recent hire, I know it won't work.

Mark my words. Arkansas will have one of the worst defenses in the SEC next season because Petrino won't allow his offensive players to be hit in practice. History will repeat itself.

He will destroy what Pittman has built with the teams' chemistry. I don't know of a coach that is more demeaning to players, fellow coaches, and the support staff than Petrino.

Funny, really. When Jimbo hired him I couldn't see how it would work. Now, with his most recent hire, I know it won't work.

Mark my words. Arkansas will have one of the worst defenses in the SEC next season because Petrino won't allow his offensive players to be hit in practice. History will repeat itself.
They weren't good before. Hard to see how they will be worse

But

This hire should be very embarrassing to the entire Arkansas fan base and the university. I am all for second chances but for him to come back to this school after what he did there is ludicrous! I have lost a all respect for Arkansas.

Re: Petrino... To me, the move is surprising, but unlike at A&M, I imagine he'll get full control of the offense. But Arky is going to have to find some playmakers though, including a QB now, to even have a shot at threading the needle for next year... and that's asking a lot. As far as Petrino going back.... some will remember he went and spoke to the Little Rock TD Club a few years back (which is a pretty big deal in that area). He apologized for how things ended and got emotional in doing so. Now, I'll let others decide how contrite it was and all that, doesn't matter to me... but it immediately won him back some support and grace from the Arkansas faithful in that room. And I very, very seriously doubt at the time, he considered he'd ever have a legitimate opportunity to go back there as a coach.

Re: Petrino... To me, the move is surprising, but unlike at A&M, I imagine he'll get full control of the offense. But Arky is going to have to find some playmakers though, including a QB now, to even have a shot at threading the needle for next year... and that's asking a lot. As far as Petrino going back.... some will remember he went and spoke to the Little Rock TD Club a few years back (which is a pretty big deal in that area). He apologized for how things ended and got emotional in doing so. Now, I'll let others decide how contrite it was and all that, doesn't matter to me... but it immediately won him back some support and grace from the Arkansas faithful in that room. And I very, very seriously doubt at the time, he considered he'd ever have a legitimate opportunity to go back there as a coach.
Of all the OCs out there, I would not pick him. Period. That was a scandal, and even though he may have been heartfelt, he deserves scrutiny, and being the OC somewhere else. Their BOT is a lot like Texas A&M. Wonder what Moto Girl thinks. LMAO

Of all the OCs out there, I would not pick him. Period. That was a scandal, and even though he may have been heartfelt, he deserves scrutiny, and being the OC somewhere else. Their BOT is a lot like Texas A&M. Wonder what Moto Girl thinks. LMAO

I wouldn't go that direction either... but I doubt Pittman had a ton of great options... it is not a great situation to be walking into (despite it being an SEC OC job) right now.

Back
Top Bottom