| FTBL Shula

joeman546 said:
I get really bothered that there are people that still go to lengths to follow his career outside Alabama and then blast him at every opportunity.

He was a good QB while he was with us.

He was a good person while he was HC.

The only thing that was ever really bad about the guy was that his style of coaching didnt mesh well at Alabama.

That said, I hope he's successful in his future careers, and I hope his time with us at Alabama and with Carolina were learning experiences for him, because you know he didnt have much experience when he first came to Alabama.

Lets leave the guy alone.

Amen, brother! He is still a member of the family, so to speak, and he guided the program through some tough years of NCAA probation. If his calling is not that of a head coach, then that's that. It doesn't diminish my respect for him.

If memory serves correctly, he was the QB who lead the drive that resulted in Van Tiffin's winning FG against Auburn. Nothing's going to tarnish that for me. He deserves to find his niche in life and succeed grandly.

crimsontradition14 said:
He was like our Mark Richt without the success. He really did love Alabama. He also knew how to work pretty well with Brodie so maybe that will workout well for them both.

He really did love alabama huh???

How many times you think he had been back to Tuscaloosa before taking the job?

Shula was also offensive coordinator for the tampa bay bucs when they made the nfc title game in 1999...but then again the he got fired right after that because the offense blew. That Tampa Bay defense carried that garbage shula pro-style offense, kind of like the '05 Bama defense carrying shula's garbage collegiate-pro-style offense.

In Shula's defense he has done a great job with Garrard at Jacksonville. I saw him coaching him up on the last drive of the game when they were playing the steelers this past weekend.

joeman546 said:
I get really bothered that there are people that still go to lengths to follow his career outside Alabama and then blast him at every opportunity.

The only thing that was ever really bad about the guy was that his style of coaching didnt mesh well at Alabama.

That said, I hope he's successful in his future careers, and I hope his time with us at Alabama and with Carolina were learning experiences for him, because you know he didnt have much experience when he first came to Alabama.

I wish only the best for CMS. I pull for him every chance I get. I hope he becomes head coach again in the NFL and wins the super bowl.

joeman546 said:

A frickin men.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
crimsontradition14 said:
He was like our Mark Richt without the success. He really did love Alabama. He also knew how to work pretty well with Brodie so maybe that will workout well for them both.

Do you have an exact count for me Lenny?

joeman546 said:

I couldn't agree more! I've always said, Bama's weakest link is the lack of class of some of our fans. Shula did absolutely nothing to deserve any bashing by anyone claiming to be a Bama fan. Unfortunately, this is what you get when there are no minimum standard to be a fan.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
crimsontradition14 said:

Considering he earns his living coaching football, I wouldn't have expected him to be tailgating in Tuscaloosa. Besides, since when does number of visits to Tuscaloosa determine the love of an alma mater?

I repeat:Unfortunately, this is what you get when there are no minimum standard to be a fan.

Bobby Bowden admittedly hasn't been to Tuscaloosa to watch the Tide play since he started coaching ball but said he looks forward to being able to do just that after he retires (according to an article just before the FSU/BAMA game).

I think a lot of people mesh the words of Don with Mike and that's not fair. I haven't heard Mike being quoted as a saying one cross word about his experience as the Alabama Head Coach.

With all of that said, yes there were things that CMS did while at Alabama that I don't agree but that has been the case with coaches at Bama since CGS left the program.

I think Saban is, once again, the right man for this job but I also wish CMS the greatest success possible!

crimsontradition14 said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
crimsontradition14 said:

Do you have an exact count for me Lenny?

According to him none.

Back
Top Bottom