| GAME THREAD 🏈 SEC / NCAA Games of the Week 🏈 : Saturday, September 7th.

IF Texas beats Michigan, do we hear, "SEC, SEC, SEC" chants?

Context: Several times over this past month I've been scrolling through channels on YTTV's guide and hit the sports. By the time I get to the end of that section I've found myself thinking, "I missed the SECN" only to scroll back up and see Oklahoma or Texas games.

I'm still not used to seeing those two and thinking, "conference." Accustomed, may be the word.

Now I'm asking the question, do we hear it or not? IF I do, I won't be used to it and can't say it's something I'll like (other than Michigan hearing it in their shack.)

IF Texas beats Michigan, do we hear, "SEC, SEC, SEC" chants?

Context: Several times over this past month I've been scrolling through channels on YTTV's guide and hit the sports. By the time I get to the end of that section I've found myself thinking, "I missed the SECN" only to scroll back up and see Oklahoma or Texas games.

I'm still not used to seeing those two and thinking, "conference." Accustomed, may be the word.

Now I'm asking the question, do we hear it or not? IF I do, I won't be used to it and can't say it's something I'll like (other than Michigan hearing it in their shack.)

Did any BigXII team ever chant “Big 12, Big 12, Big 12” when they beat an OOC opponent? It doesn’t have the chant vibe.

Did any BigXII team ever chant “Big 12, Big 12, Big 12” when they beat an OOC opponent? It doesn’t have the chant vibe.
Texas fans were already chanting "SEC" at the Big 12 title game last season. BUT, that was alongside their boos when the conference commissioner ... well, you know the anger felt there. That's part of what brought this to mind along with not being used to seeing these teams on the SECN.

You bring up a good point that I hadn't considered. It led to another thought.

Roll Tide
War Eagle
Hotty Toddy
Hail State
Rocky Top
Gig 'em
Texas Fight
Boomer Sooner
Go Gators...co-opted by a few schools. Go Big Blue is a little different: like a twin cutting their hair differently. Geaux? Okay, that works.

Every school has "their thing" in the conference.

Geez...another damn rabbit hole and I HAVE to get outside and get yard stuff done.

The afternoon slot has a few games of interest, but none that really grab my attention like the noon and evening games.

UofSC vs Kentucky. No, it really doesn't have a bearing on the SEC race (unless they upset someone.) It gives us a little preview of what we'll see from the Gamecocks. BUT, more often than not, there ends up being drama in this game. (UK and the pts. is my thinking.)

Iowa State vs Iowa. I reminds of the game of "Limbo." If you are wanting scoring, you'll be left in limbo. The theme of this game has been "how low can you go;" on the scoreboard. "Limbo," how low can you go?

Back
Top Bottom