| FTBL Saban Retiring???

I'm seeing a 9-3 transitional year for the new coach
Let's not forget that Coach Saban went 7-6 in his first season at Alabama. Granted, he didn't have HIS players. And whoever takes the job, now, will have Coach Saban's players. So 9-3 is a real possibility. Also, 8-4 is a very real possibility.

UGA
Missouri
at Oklahoma

Those are going to be some tough games. Also, LSU and Tennessee will both be looking for revenge. And we play at their house. Couple that with a new staff, probably SOME players leaving that normally would've stayed...

Let's not forget that Coach Saban went 7-6 in his first season at Alabama. Granted, he didn't have HIS players. And whoever takes the job, now, will have Coach Saban's players. So 9-3 is a real possibility. Also, 8-4 is a very real possibility.

UGA
Missouri
at Oklahoma

Those are going to be some tough games. Also, LSU and Tennessee will both be looking for revenge. And we play at their house. Couple that with a new staff, probably SOME players leaving that normally would've stayed...
I don't think you can compare the talent level when Saban took over compared to what he's leaving...anybody should be able to go 10-2 with the talent we have right now

My 10 year old was pretty bummed yesterday. I realized Saban is the only coach at Alabama he has ever known.
Same for mine! And my 17 year old is heading to T-town tomorrow for a weekend on campus deal for high school seniors. Her last visit to see if it’s where she wants to go. She is not a football fan but has been really bummed about this. To her the school is not the same without him. And again, she barely even watches football.

Same with me. Only Alabama coach since I was a student to now. That's why it hit me yesterday. He's all I've known at Alabama.
I've known all the other coaches from Bryant onward and Saban still feels like he's always been there all throughout my lifetime. I've honestly forgotten what it was like having all the ones before him.

I don't really remember the Bear coaching, but i remember things like commercials and stuff... maybe retroactively I saw them later...I was only 7 when he died. I wasn't aware of Perkins really, but I remember Curry and everyone forward. I started at Bama the year after we won the 92 championship, but I was at that first SECCG... so I've definitively seen as much bad as I've seen good... there will never be another Saban. None of my kids have ever known anything but Saban... anyone new is going to be a major adjustment, even if they win of the bat

At 73 I am a lucky football fan. I got to see the great years of Coach Bryant and Coach Saban. My 1st game was Bama vs Memphis State in 1959. My high school coach was Bobby Smith Co-Captain of the 58 team. All every wanted was to play for Bama but I wasn't good enough to get a red jersey. My wife and I were at the Bama vs Southern Miss game in 82 and they kicked our azz and that was Coach Bryant's last game at T-town. We walked down to the exit to watch him leave the field and looked like he was a 100 years old.

Nick has been unreal. The best of the best. The last of the old school and none will be coming over the hill.

Roll Tide. Now and forever.

Back
Top Bottom