| FTBL Saban announces the hiring of Bobby Williams...

Rolltide24 said:
Just wondering how he took MSU to two consecutive bowl games, won them, and then ended up the next season being hte WR coach at LSU.

Tider 27 said:
I'm kind of wondering why he isn't the head coach somewhere, this is a great hire. ;tr

Williams had a few academic, disciplinary, and internal issues while he was HC at Michigan State. During a press conference in his final season there, a reporter asked him, “Are you losing control of this team?” Williams responded, “I don’t know.” Wrong answer. Had he responded, “We may go through some tough times but everyone needs to know we are going to do whatever it takes to get these problems corrected, even if that means we lose a few games here and there,” he would have probably kept his job. Williams giving the indication that he was losing control of his team and had no idea how to get it back under control kind of proved he was really not cut out to be a head coach.

That said, I have a world of respect for Williams as an assistant coach and I am excited to have him at Alabama. He should provide a lot of stability because I doubt he will ever be a HC again.

I think he is a good coach. We know he can work for someone as demanding as Coach Saban and they seem to have a mutual respect for one another.

I think this is a great hire and I must say I think he is a FINE recruiter. This will only help Alabama.

What is the press saying if anything about this hire?

Swamptick said:
I think he is a good coach. We know he can work for someone as demanding as Coach Saban and they seem to have a mutual respect for one another.

I think this is a great hire and I must say I think he is a FINE recruiter. This will only help Alabama.

What is the press saying if anything about this hire?

It's not a story for them. It's not a situation where they can increase their readership base with saying something (again) positive is happening at Alabama.

OR...

It's a situation where they simply haven't done their research to find out the connections with Saban and BW. I don't buy into that...simply because it was such a big deal to them when Williams didn't come with Saban in year one.

It's not heralded at this minute but let there be no mistake. This is a GREAT HIRE FOR OUR STAFF!

Back
Top Bottom