| FTBL Reports from 7 on 7 confirming my thoughts on Julio

G

He is a monster and I will be shocked if he is not starting against Clemson, freshman or not...he is the best we have and would have been last season as well.

You start a thread about confirmation and all we get is you opinion and no article or even description of why you came to this conclusion. Give us something to reply to or read or something.

NTT said:
You start a thread about confirmation and all we get is you opinion and no article or even description of why you came to this conclusion. Give us something to reply to or read or something.

Well apparently he gave you something to reply to already. :lol: :lol:

When science comes up with a way to link eyes and mouths, you will be the first to know.

Seriously though, Mr 3 posts who joined in May...people link to my posts...for what it is worth. It is single digit midgets posting this kind of crap that drives informed people to keep info to themselves.

NTT said:

weezyfbaby00 said:
Jackpot!! :lol: What are the freshman participating in? Are they with the rest of the team?

First hand reports from observers and participants of passing skels is all I have right now. When I get more, I will pass it along...without links or confirmation.

Well I had heard that Julio was looking very good in 7 on 7, that Jarrell looks very good on pass defense, that Terrence Cody came in in the best shape of his life, that Burton Scott looks like he could be a lock down corner, that Dareus is an awesome athlete for his size, and that Vlachos and Chapman were both animals in the weight room. In view of the request above, I guess I'd better not tell you guys what I'd heard. Sorry.

Big_Fan said:
When science comes up with a way to link eyes and mouths, you will be the first to know.

Seriously though, Mr 3 posts who joined in May...people link to my posts...for what it is worth. It is single digit midgets posting this kind of crap that drives informed people to keep info to themselves.

NTT said:
Take it easy on the guy, he is new. Break him in gentley. By the way, welcome to the site new guy.

NTT said:

On the for what it's worth note...

If I had read this and knew it to be BS I would have called BF on it. Same can be said if Porter, 'chop, '66, or any of the mods for that matter.

About half of the freshmen coming in have no plans to sit on the bench this fall or 'shirt for that matter. And, they have made that perfectly clear with the players returning from last years squad. Reports have them running the skel drills then meeting with coaches to study more of the playbook if not watch film of those same plays.

On the subject of this thread...

There hasn't been a doubt that Julio would contribute early. It's still to soon to say he'll be in a starting role when we travel to ATL. What was said about Jerrell is also true. He's done very well in pass coverage (not unexpected) and as soon as he gets the running defense scheme down he'll be a major contributor as well. I would almost dare say he's ahead of Jimmy Johns for playing time right now (not in terms of position) simply because he's smarter than Johns. (I like Johns athleticism, but he reminds me A LOT of Shontu Ray. Great athlete, slow on learning schemes)

On a related note to this thread...

I saw a better conditioned team last year than in '06. But, the team we'll see this fall will make last years squad look weak. Just in terms of physical conditioning (stamina) when you are *required* to run 26+ 110's in a day and you do it in the time limits the staff requires it says A HELL OF A LOT! (26 is the routine, if one group doesn't make it in their alloted time the entire group continues running)

I was just excited and thought there might be some details of what he saw. I know 3 posts makes me some kind of idiot as if I know nothing :roll: Its like telling somebody a movie was awesome and all you tell them about it was who played in it. Anyway maybe when I have reached 2000 posts I will somehow be smarter and have more football knowledge. Because watching them and every other SEC game for over 20 years isn't enough unless i have 2000 posts saying "Julio is great he is going to be awesome, Jackpot" Now thats pure genius. :wink: :wink:

I think he was wanting more info, or thought there would be more info to go along with the subject line. NTT, take it easy, some people come across wrong but they are good people once you get to know them. Easy to take things the wrong way when reading a typed message versus in person. It's all good.

NTT said:
I was just excited and thought there might be some details of what he saw. I know 3 posts makes me some kind of idiot as if I know nothing :roll: Its like telling somebody a movie was awesome and all you tell them about it was who played in it. Anyway maybe when I have reached 2000 posts I will somehow be smarter and have more football knowledge. Because watching them and every other SEC game for over 20 years isn't enough unless i have 2000 posts saying "Julio is great he is going to be awesome, Jackpot" Now thats pure genius. :wink: :wink:

It's 1000, but your getting it :D

EABAMA said:
NTT said:

It's 1000, but your getting it :D
Hey, I know I got smarter at 500, you might be selling him short.

yeah I guess sarcasim and saying I am uniformed could have been taken the wrong way. I sure he meant it in the nicest way. However as you said I just thouht he would as least say what he saw. I mean was Julio coming off the line good did he show good blocking did he make some catches that might not be made by an average WR or a guy with only 3 post. Actually I am up to 5 now, Just think another 4 or 5 hundred and I will automatically be informed.

NTT said:
yeah I guess sarcasim and saying I am uniformed could have been taken the wrong way. I sure he meant it in the nicest way. However as you said I just thouht he would as least say what he saw. I mean was Julio coming off the line good did he show good blocking did he make some catches that might not be made by an average WR or a guy with only 3 post. Actually I am up to 5 now, Just think another 4 or 5 hundred and I will automatically be informed.
Then why not in a respectful way ask him to elaborate? Too easy! You did kind of insinuate his post was stupid. I can understand his response. Lets just chill. The more you post and interact with these guys, you'll see they are cool.

Back
Top Bottom