| FTBL Reports from 7 on 7 confirming my thoughts on Julio

Big_Fan said:
(a Frosh won the Belitnikoff in 2007)
*Redshirt :wink: And dont overlook those Clemson DB's, they may be the best in the nation.

But really I was just saying he is fine athletically, it may take a game or two to learn some things in live situations. All of yall know this, so it doesnt really matter.

On a larger scale our team can look at our prize recruit, CB Patrick Johnson. We have no proven CB's but I do no think we will see Champ Bailey from game one...however some do.

BamaFan615 said:
Thanks for the updates on the newcomers guys, glad to hear the guys are hard at work. Has anyone heard anything about how Mark Barron is doing in these skel drills? I have really high hopes for him...as most people do.

He is doing well from what I understand, in terms of grasping things. Running with the 2's, with Lester.

TerryP said:
Bottom line to what/how I see it. The term "starter" is subjective and doesn't carry a lot of weight. Having the ability to contribute and contributing is what is important. Jones has that by all indications.

Excellent point.

By the way...I'm enjoying TB3's posts. Welcome.

Porter said:
BamaFan615 said:
Thanks for the updates on the newcomers guys, glad to hear the guys are hard at work. Has anyone heard anything about how Mark Barron is doing in these skel drills? I have really high hopes for him...as most people do.

He is doing well from what I understand, in terms of grasping things. Running with the 2's, with Lester.

Wow, Lester is already running with the 2's? I mean I know he was a 4-star recruit (rivals) but I guess I might have over looked him a little bit with all of the other talent that we have coming in.

BamaFan615 said:
Porter said:
BamaFan615 said:

Wow, Lester is already running with the 2's? I mean I know he was a 4-star recruit (rivals) but I guess I might have over looked him a little bit with all of the other talent that we have coming in.

Running with the 2's in 7 on 7 and running with the 2's against Clemson is two different things, so keep that in mind. There isn't much depth at safety though.

BamaFan615 said:
Porter said:
BamaFan615 said:

I'm not shocked hearing that considering I suspect we'll be in nickel 60%+ of the time.

I'm not as curious of how we line up on the DB end of things as I am the rotation we'll see on the DL.

kayleighsdad said:
TerryP said:
Bottom line to what/how I see it. The term "starter" is subjective and doesn't carry a lot of weight. Having the ability to contribute and contributing is what is important. Jones has that by all indications.

Excellent point.

By the way...I'm enjoying TB3's posts. Welcome.
Thanks. I like your website a lot.

As for Lester I wonder how many times people have gone up to Julio and asked for an autograph with Lester, a 4* just standing there. :)

Back
Top Bottom