| RECRUIT Recruiting News: The Alabama class of 2017

Interesting observation - Kirby IS doing work in GA - he has #s 2,4,5,6 and 10, with a chance at #2 (Solomon) according to the 247 composite ranking. Then he as #s 11-16, probably #18, and #20. Much more impressive in state than Richt. Of course, he's no where to be found in AL (Monty Rice is #20 on the rankings) or FL, let alone Tenn, So Car, Miss, or LA. He looks like he'll make his living on home cooking, but not a bad way to go. He got the big man from NY, and a couple from PA.

That's why you can NEVER, EVER believe what these high school kids say. Two weeks ago 'Bama was "way ahead." So.... what happened? It's all good, best of luck, but that's why I used to be SO in to this and now I check in a couple of times throughout the day.

Did ya'll see his commitment? He grabbed the Michigan hat and said, "I'm going to Miami" LOL. My wife was like.."did he just say Miami and grab a Michigan hat? I thought it was just me, but she heard it too. The announcers were even a little confused on that one.

bleacher report says its finally OFFICIAL PERKS SIGNED WITH BAMA

BUT AS A GREY SHIRT!!!!

MAYBE WE GET BOTH REY AND PERKS

Report: Alabama to Apply Grayshirt Status for Jarez Parks
Sorting through the sequence of events at Sebastian River High School (Sebastian, Fla.), it appears there was indeed a numbers issue when it came to matching up 4-star Jarez Parks and Alabama, his collegiate choice.

Rather than explore other options for a role during the 2017 season, the edge rusher has decided to accept grayshirt status from head coach Nick Saban, according to Andrew Bone of Rivals.com. If this is how the program proceeds, we won't see Parks in an Alabama uniform until 2018 spring practice.

i-WS3ntQ3-X5.jpg

BUT AS A GREY SHIRT!!!!

Sorting through the sequence of events at Sebastian River High School (Sebastian, Fla.), it appears there was indeed a numbers issue when it came to matching up 4-star Jarez Parks and Alabama, his collegiate choice.

Rather than explore other options for a role during the 2017 season, the edge rusher has decided to accept grayshirt status from head coach Nick Saban, according to Andrew Bone of Rivals.com. If this is how the program proceeds, we won't see Parks in an Alabama uniform until 2018 spring practice.

I'm glad they got it worked out and Parks is flexible. You could tell he had his heart set on Alabama. When they want to come, and it means that much, you find a way.

That reaction by the talking heads when they found out that he would rather gray shirt with the Tide than take a full ride immediately with the barners was pure gold. Parks is near cult status after that one.

BUT AS A GREY SHIRT!!!!

Just to clarify... you don't sign a NLI with a greyshirt... so he can still go anywhere he wants and keep looking. It may be a hard to keep him....

Back
Top Bottom