| RECRUIT ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ RB, Camar Wheaton. commits to the Tide.

So, Riley is REALLY mad and he's not going to take it anymore...in spite of the fact Camar, after spending an hour on the phone with him, didn't give him a word one way or another.

I'd bet Riley is mad but it's not just because of Wheaton. It's because they also thought they had Drew Sanders in the bag. It's because they thought they had Jase McClellan in the bag. Heck, it goes back as far as Josh Jacobs.

So, Riley is REALLY mad and he's not going to take it anymore...in spite of the fact Camar, after spending an hour on the phone with him, didn't give him a word one way or another.

I'd bet Riley is mad but it's not just because of Wheaton. It's because they also thought they had Drew Sanders in the bag. It's because they thought they had Jase McClellan in the bag. Heck, it goes back as far as Josh Jacobs.

Oh my that makes me laugh.

his whole thought process is screwed up. He is pissed because a recruit wouldn’t commit and wouldn’t indicate which way he was leaning? I think I’d be pissed if he had indicated to the staff that he was coming and then flipped. With him not really indicating then it sounds to me like the recruit was honest and the staff just has sour grapes.

Oh my that makes me laugh.

his whole thought process is screwed up. He is pissed because a recruit wouldn’t commit and wouldn’t indicate which way he was leaning? I think I’d be pissed if he had indicated to the staff that he was coming and then flipped. With him not really indicating then it sounds to me like the recruit was honest and the staff just has sour grapes.
Camar's name first popped up for me back in August when Jackson decided he was going to visit OU. At that time almost everyone thought this was going to be an OU vs TX battle. At the time the majority didn't think Bama was going to sign a running back UNLESS is was the right one. A couple of days later he told the OU staff he was going to announce his top two. He ended up announcing three with OU, Bama, and LSU. Texas, according to Camar, was no longer in the picture which did nothing more than send the expectations of Camar signing with OU over the moon.

A day later Camar told the OU staff it's between Bama and OU; LSU was gone. But, the OU staff was still a little leary of the fact here's another kid we think we're going to land but there's Bama again. Jase and Drew nightmares; 2.0.

A month goes by, the class is getting close to full, but nothing has changed with Camar. Just a matter of a week before the ESD it was still "OU leads, but Bama?" And, again, most were thinking Bama won't sign a running back.

Fast forward to this week. I understand the Bama staff thought Camar had signed with OU until Camar called the staff and told them otherwise. Still the opinion was he was a hard OU lean.

I got a note Tuesday night, late, that said "watch out." That was followed by a few more...and still, Camar hadn't given any indication to the staff on either team which way he was leaning.

Then boom.

One of the craziest recruiting stories we've seen over Saban's tenure. Another recruiting story people were so, SO wrong on (reminding me a lot about Evans.)

Saban is the man. Now he is toying with OU on an annual basis. The rest of college football just needs to accept that Saban will choose his players then they can fight over the rest :). Of course tongue in cheek but not to far off.

Did they offer Jacobs? I was thinking it was just us and... Missouri??

Those are some big time names! Who recruits that area for us? They are doing big things.

I still believe Sanders is going to be a great one. And McClelan may be our #1 next season! Studs.

That would make some sense as this RB didn’t even tag Sunseri in his tweet/IG post. So it leaves me to wonder why Sunseri made the tweet to begin with. Other than to incite drama or beat a kid to his announcement. If he’s hinting at someone else, cool. But I still think it’s front-running the kids decision and own announcement. But that’s just my 40 year old take on this stuff.
none of the commits tagged Tino this year...

On the other hand, he didn't tag anyone associated with Bama in his tweet. Those tagged are mostly from Lakeview along with Fawcett (who is doing quite a few edits.)

Don't get me wrong. His tweet may have been about Camar. His "tick tock" tweets have proceeded a lot of offensive guys.

More importantly and the reason I mentioned this has to do with this class: it's not over yet. We've heard for weeks they had one or two spots open with the 24 who have signed (publicly.) That actual number is 25 with one who hasn't announced yet. Add Camar, now they've filled those two slots.

But, there appears to be a third spot and without "letting the cat out of the bag" all I can say is look at his dad and who he is recruiting.
I think we really are overnanalyzing this.... the tick tock was about Camar ......

Back
Top Bottom