| RECRUIT ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ RB, Camar Wheaton. commits to the Tide.

TerryP

Staff
In case you've missed it, Camar's name has been popping up a few times a week over the last month or so. The general consensus from the Bama side: "We have no room." That's true if you look at the numbers as they stand; the Tide has announced 24 have signed and there's another that hasn't been announced yet. That leaves Bama with 25 total.

That said we've been saying for awhile now there are 1-2 spots available. Truthfully, as fans we're probably looking at one IF we see a kid take a gray shirt. (That's rumored with Barnes.)

Here's where it gets interesting. He's been projected to sign with OU for some time now. Things have changed on their end. The projected starter for this season, Kennedy Brooks, opted out for 2020. They are now expecting him back as the starter for 2021 and are also expecting the Auburn transfer to sign with OU.

To add to that drama, according to OU folk, he hasn't had contact with the OU staff in a few days. Want more drama? A few weeks ago the same people from OU have told their followers that Camar didn't have a committable offer. They've changed their tune on that note as well.

In a sense this is a lot like Worthy who recently committed to Michigan. I don't know where he's headed. The thing is, OU doesn't know either. That in itself is a bit strange considering he was considered a lock for the Sooners.

He's announcing at 5 this afternoon. I don't see a lot saying "he's Bama bound" but I do see several (outside of Bama beat reporters) saying "watch out for Bama."
Again, just one to keep an eye out on this afternoon. AS of now, nothing more, nothing less.

Would be spectacular! These recruiting guys have had him pegged for Oklahoma for months. They keep saying he was there a couple weeks ago to refresh his decision and further get acquainted with the campus. I assumed that meant he was a done deal and had already signed with them last week. Hopefully Saban can pull a rabbit out of a hat again! Would love to have him in this class.

Since this morning's post I'm seeing reports like the one above as well as on BI. I've seen a CB go to Bama (Wilfong) and from what I'm getting this really could be interesting this afternoon. I'm refraining from getting my hopes up here but the smoke is starting to resemble Los Angles and her fog.

@Brandon Van de Graaff

When you followed recruiting, this is one of those that you'd find fun to watch. It ain't over. It's Burton in OK.

Makes me think of Evans...

The best flips are the flips you know are going to happen! I think those are getting to be more and more rare these days though. Whenever we start to suck again, which I hope is a LONG time away, I'll start following it closely once more. haha For now, most of the time, I watch their highlight videos after they commit or sign, unless it's a local kid or some such I might check them out.

The best flips are the flips you know are going to happen! I think those are getting to be more and more rare these days though. Whenever we start to suck again, which I hope is a LONG time away, I'll start following it closely once more. haha For now, most of the time, I watch their highlight videos after they commit or sign, unless it's a local kid or some such I might check them out.
If we're still alive for the resurgence. 🙏

tbh I watch highlight video of local kids in the Sip and kids that are pretty much confirmed to be going elsewhere just so I know more about their team(s) than the idiot fans do

Back
Top Bottom