Quotes That You Like

" Times are changing. Now people are taking comedians seriously, and politicians as a joke.''

If I attributed this to John Stewart no one would question it, but actually it is from Will Rogers many years ago. If you want to get a few chuckles and get enlightened as well, googol Will Rogers quotes or Mark Twain quotes.

A couple of my favorites from Mark Twain;

There is no native American criminal class, except for congress.

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lives, and statistics.
'

Mr. Samuel Clemens is one of my all time favorite writers / humans.

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please."

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s."

"Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about."

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

Then there is the salty old newspaper guy, H. L. Mencken:

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Or the philosopher, Schiller:

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."

quotes-sign.gif
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made.
end-quot.gif

Joan Rivers

Here’s all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.
The late great George Carlin

"First of all, I would have liked to have gone back out there and finished the game and I know our players would have liked to do the same thing," Alabama coach Nick Saban said.

"I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love. I felt in myself a superabundance of energy which found no outlet in our quiet life."
- Leo Tolstoy

In honor of his birthday! :dance:

Back
Top Bottom