| FTBL PLAY CALLING AND JPW

RollTideRandy said:
reger60 said:
Not to worry. The great "wind at our back" strategy goes into affect this quarter. :wink:

:roll: Griese is really getting on my nerves with that. Please explain how "the wind" was involved with a pass thrown at McCoy's shoes.

Gary Danielson.

I guess, I'm the only one here that isn't surprised at what's happening in the game right now. All week...talking about how good the defense is at FSU year in and year out, not to mention pointing to Geno Hayes and his return being a deciding factor in this game.

I can understand frustration, but expecting different results from what you are seeing right now tells me there have been some serious unrealistic expectations going into this game.

I don't disgree we see some mechanical problems with JPW, but it goes much further than a case of simply replacing the QB and expecting different results.

porkchop said:
It's just mind-boggling to me that we've thrown ANOTHER......ANOTHER.........3 yard pass to a receiver. :cry:

'chop, the deep routes are covered. That's the benefit of this Tampa scheme they are using. It allows the underneath routes, but it's design is for the LB's to keep the play in front of them.

Andrews has a good game plan called.

TerryP said:
RollTideRandy said:
reger60 said:
Not to worry. The great "wind at our back" strategy goes into affect this quarter. :wink:

:roll: Griese is really getting on my nerves with that. Please explain how "the wind" was involved with a pass thrown at McCoy's shoes.

Gary Danielson.

I guess, I'm the only one here that isn't surprised at what's happening in the game right now. All week...talking about how good the defense is at FSU year in and year out, not to mention pointing to Geno Hayes and his return being a deciding factor in this game.

I can understand frustration, but expecting different results from what you are seeing right now tells me there have been some serious unrealistic expectations going into this game.

I don't disgree we see some mechanical problems with JPW, but it goes much further than a case of simply replacing the QB and expecting different results.

I dont think it is as much unrealistic expectations as it is seeing very bad play from the players.

As for the QB I dont think it would hurt anything to see McElroy. He cant do much worse....

Rolling Tide said:
TerryP said:
RollTideRandy said:
reger60 said:

Gary Danielson.

I dont think it is as much unrealistic expectations as it is seeing very bad play from the players.

As for the QB I dont think it would hurt anything to see McElroy. He cant do much worse....

Interceptions are worse than incompletions.

Rolling Tide said:

In this kind of situation, you have to go with the hand that has been there before. At least, that's how I see it.

Our strong suit is our offense. Their defense is better. It's that simple to me. Our defense isn't doing to badly, but it's about as even as we have seen a unit vs a unit tonight.

FWIW, seeing us get burned on blitz packages should not come as a surprise either. That's football. Got to give it to Lee for recognizing them...

TerryP said:
RollTideRandy said:
reger60 said:

Gary Danielson.

Did you miss my post about UAB scoring 24 points against this defense? Do you really think it's "serious unrealistic expectations" to expect an SEC team to have scored just ONE stinking point against FSU's defense? You'll never sell me that one, sorry.

Argo said:
Rolling Tide said:
TerryP said:
RollTideRandy said:
reger60 said:

Gary Danielson.

Interceptions are worse than incompletions.

Oh wait there is that fumble that JPW likes...

RollTideRandy said:
TerryP said:
RollTideRandy said:
reger60 said:

Gary Danielson.

Did you miss my post about UAB scoring 24 points against this defense? Do you really think it's "serious unrealistic expectations" to expect an SEC team to have scored just ONE stinking point against FSU's defense? You'll never sell me that one, sorry.

Played down to the competition in that game. Lest we not forget, WCU had some success against Georgia. Tulane stuffed LSU in the first half today.

Back
Top Bottom