| OT Pickleball

At the beginning of the year one of our magazines did an expose on the sport with a guy from Pickleheads.com I haven't played. I do know a couple of guys who teach lessons.

There is a city owned, senior citizens center a couple of miles from here that has a court. I see people playing about half of the time I pass the place. MOST of the time it seems to windy to play. 🤷‍♂️

Huge down here in Georgia. I live close to a lake community where very wealthy people come to retire and just express how much money they have, and they absolutely LOVE pickleball. These communities have hire professional players to come teach lessons and run leagues for these people. What I'm getting at is these people are throwing tons of money at the sport and get very aggressive about it.

It's huge in GA and growing in AL. Pell City just build several courts near downtown. My wife wants to start playing, bought us rackets, we just haven't taken the time to start. Everyone says it more like ping pong (I'm pretty good) than tennis (played sparingly years ago).

Huge down here in Georgia. I live close to a lake community where very wealthy people come to retire and just express how much money they have, and they absolutely LOVE pickleball. These communities have hire professional players to come teach lessons and run leagues for these people. What I'm getting at is these people are throwing tons of money at the sport and get very aggressive about it.
What part of Lake Lanier?

At the beginning of the year one of our magazines did an expose on the sport with a guy from Pickleheads.com I haven't played. I do know a couple of guys who teach lessons.

There is a city owned, senior citizens center a couple of miles from here that has a court. I see people playing about half of the time I pass the place. MOST of the time it seems to windy to play. 🤷‍♂️
There’s no city owned places here that have courts, but there’s a guy that opened a place with 18 courts just for pickleball. That’s where I play most of the time because the wind here makes it difficult.

When I visit my girlfriend in Colorado we play a lot and I’m amazed at how many places there are to play.

There’s some of those type in Denver too. Rich people that have invested a ton of money into courts, clubs, etc and are pretty aggressive about it, I’ve only played at a place like that once.

The place I play here and where my girlfriend lives are a lot of fun

It's huge in GA and growing in AL. Pell City just build several courts near downtown. My wife wants to start playing, bought us rackets, we just haven't taken the time to start. Everyone says it more like ping pong (I'm pretty good) than tennis (played sparingly years ago).
It’s closer to ping pong than tennis for sure. It’s not near as taxing physically as tennis, can’t stand as stationary as ping pong.

I’ve not played ping pong much, played tennis sparingly, but havent in several years

Back
Top Bottom