| FTBL Peter Golding arrested for DUI last night

It's no thought or suggestion. Merely pointing out here that there's a lot of assumptions on the charge.

Regardless, he's in good hands with Neff.
I agree. I've been saying people were judging hard without not knowing the story.
He was pulled over with a DUI, and couldn't be released until his limit hit .03. Can they measure drug intake like that? I don't think anyone is misconstruing anything or judging without facts. Like a math problem, solve for X.
You clearly missed what Terry was saying. Go back and read between the line.

Can't have facts if there is little to none details. Everything you said... assumption. No details came out. Everyone just assumed.

I agree. I've been saying people were judging hard without not knowing the story.

You clearly missed what Terry was saying. Go back and read between the line.

Can't have facts if there is little to none details. Everything you said... assumption. No details came out. Everyone just assumed.

The article clearly says he couldn't be released until his level was below .03. That's why he wasn't released until later. How is that an assumption?

On top of that he came out and apologized for his actions and to the football program and Saban. Not an assumption.

The article clearly says he couldn't be released until his level was below .03. That's why he wasn't released until later. How is that an assumption?

On top of that he came out and apologized for his actions and to the football program and Saban. Not an assumption.

The speculation was w/ regards to why he wasn't released and the comment was that they cannot release until under .03.

Nowhere has his BAC been confirmed by a report. Thus it's an ASSUMPTION you're concluding based on 2 parts of information.

Read his apology - nowhere did he confirm your assumption.

Just saying...

Not trying to argue, just commenting.

Only way to measure drugs is by blood
But did he consent to it?
The speculation was w/ regards to why he wasn't released and the comment was that they cannot release until under .03.

Nowhere has his BAC been confirmed by a report. Thus it's an ASSUMPTION you're concluding based on 2 parts of information.

Read his apology - nowhere did he confirm your assumption.

Just saying...

Not trying to argue, just commenting.
Nailed it.

While I agree I find no way he gets terminated, it's a lot different when it's a college kid compared to a grown man professional adult that is responsible for so many other kids. He's paid $2M a year to stay clean and run a defense while recruiting character kids. I asked before on this thread and nobody commented; how do you look a momma in the face now and promise her you'll take care of her child when you're popped for being selfish and immature yourself?
Just pointing out that we have had both players and a coach survive a DUI charge. Chapman got both of his once he was released by the Colts and then hired by Saban.

He was pulled over with a DUI, and couldn't be released until his limit hit .03. Can they measure drug intake like that? I don't think anyone is misconstruing anything or judging without facts. Like a math problem, solve for X.
I like this, Casey. "Like a math problem, solve for X" but do it with a variable (limit hit .03) that's not included in the actual problem.

Therein was the point.

Using two guys here that have been pointed to with DUI's under Saban: Chapman and Jones. The latter was in an accident and failed the field test. This was reported with the original release. I'm sure you recall with Josh. He was found asleep at the wheel which was published in the original report.

There's nothing in the reports here other than DUI.

Inmates in the county jail must register a blood alcohol level lower than .03 before they are allowed to be released on bond following an alcohol related arrest.

You noticed how this paragraph was tacked on to the end of the article? Nick Kelly with the T-town news did something similar with his ".03 or 12 hours."

What caught my attention early on was the statement was "arrest for DUI" and those original reports included "no further information was released from Northport."

That makes me say, "wait a minute."

~It struck me as odd no one mentioned opioids, it was automatically he'd been drinking.
~It struck me as odd no one mentioned the possibility he turned down a field sobriety test. That may, and does in some states, led to automatic arrest.
~It struck me as odd there were people looking at the time line of his release, making judgement on sobriety from drinking based on those times, with no regard to how many others were "ahead of him in line" to be released.

~It didn't strike me as odd seeing a lot who don't like Pete's defense siding with "termination."

I find this richly ironic when compared to "he brought a young female assistant with him from Utah" being—mathematically—translated into "= side piece."

You noticed how this paragraph was tacked on to the end of the article? Nick Kelly with the T-town news did something similar with his ".03 or 12 hours."

What caught my attention early on was the statement was "arrest for DUI" and those original reports included "no further information was released from Northport."

That makes me say, "wait a minute."

~It struck me as odd no one mentioned opioids, it was automatically he'd been drinking.
~It struck me as odd no one mentioned the possibility he turned down a field sobriety test. That may, and does in some states, led to automatic arrest.
~It struck me as odd there were people looking at the time line of his release, making judgement on sobriety from drinking based on those times, with no regard to how many others were "ahead of him in line" to be released.

~It didn't strike me as odd seeing a lot who don't like Pete's defense siding with "termination."

I find this richly ironic when compared to "he brought a young female assistant with him from Utah" being—mathematically—translated into "= side piece."

He would have been very wise to turn down a field test. That's the #1 defense in these situations.

As far as termination, I never thought that would occur. Does seem far reaching, but oh how different this would be if someone else had been involved and got hurt. You also have to wonder if the situation with Ruggs plays any factor and how that affected Coach Saban.

As far as the Auburn gal, how unfortunate that she is being thrown into these typemof conversations in regards to this instance and the one with Harsin. Folks will do anything to create a talking point.

In the end, it's not judging Golding for saying he was an idiot and messed up. Regardless if it was medication, drugs, alcohol, or a dang sugar high, you don't get behind the wheel feeling different than you do going to work each day or on a leisurely drive around town with your kids. And no, I don't mean a runny nose should keep you in bed, simply stating if you're pulled over and facing under the influence, something is up. If he was incapable of knowing that, there may be much larger issues. I'd have to look, but at what time was he pulled over? Helps fill in some blanks as well.

, making judgement on sobriety from drinking based on those times, with no regard to how many others were "ahead of him in line" to be released.

If there was others...annd a member of Nick Sabans staff was in line...
I doubt he would have to "wait his turn"

But i agree....let the film roll....see what the end is...

I was surprised....he andcar werent just moved over...and a friend/family member summoned to drive him home...kinda high profile person....

Need to check Northport police department for AU fans...

@TerryP
@BamaFan334
I'm tagging you two, because I want Terry P to look at the statement that was made below:

That bothered me a lot. Why are we comparing Ruggs to Golding?

We aren't. We're comparing the effect it had on Saban. You think he is happy his defensive coordinator got popped for DUI four months after he had to go on camera and discuss his ex-receiver killing someone while driving under the influence? Ruggs and Gokding are independent of each other, but the comparison is with Saban's feelings on the decision to drive under the influence.

Back
Top Bottom