| FTBL Peter Golding arrested for DUI last night

A slap on the wrist won’t cut it. He is supposed to be a role model, held to a higher standard. Drink, smoke weed or whatever but do it at home and if you drink at a restaurant, have a dd or call Lyft.

Regardless of his career, the man made a very poor decision and it's really good the worse thing that came out of it was a DUI on his part. It could have been "Henry Ruggs" bad where multiple lives are destroyed. IMO, he should count his blessings, learn from it and move on in a better direction.

@PurlJam completely agree. This could have been a devastating life impacting event for multiple families. This guy is very fortunate and there should be and will be consequences. This will be a topic for any future employment. Sure he can recover long term but he has to answer the hard questions in the meantime. He will not get a pass since a lot of people were already on the fence about his coaching ability. Like it or not that is the way it is. Peoples pain threshold is directly proportional to how well he does his job.

Would be highly unusual and out of character for Saban to send him packing over this. More likely course, he gives Pete a list of mandatory criteria that has to be met (somewhat similar to a player in the same situation) and tries to make sure it is never repeated (for the sake of his life/career). Unless Golding indicates to Saban that he wants to step away, I don't see a change being made (over this specifically).
You know....it wouldnt be a bad idea to step away temporarily....a year or so...
I know a coach doesn't want to lose his place.......but
Stuff does go away......( see Jones arrest as a freshman)....

DUI is serious shit....as poor a decision as a person can make is to drive that intoxicated...... will be used against him....will be talked about.....

He can regroup....

Regardless of his career, the man made a very poor decision and it's really good the worse thing that came out of it was a DUI on his part. It could have been "Henry Ruggs" bad where multiple lives are destroyed. IMO, he should count his blessings, learn from it and move on in a better direction.
Henry Ruggs and assistant Coach at KC Chiefs...

Man....i have preached this to my kids....so many times....
Getting stopped and arrested is minor as to what can really happen...

Honestly, I think now would be a good time to part ways with him. It wasn't tolerated in 2003 when a certain old man had a grand old time with a stripper down in Florida, and it shouldn't be tolerated now. He will do this again at some point. Nip it in the bud now.

Henry Ruggs and assistant Coach at KC Chiefs...

Man....i have preached this to my kids....so many times....
Getting stopped and arrested is minor as to what can really happen...

I got popped for it when I was in college. At that age I honestly don't think you understand potential consequences, especially when you don't have anything to lose for lack of a better term. I say that loosely as in most college aged kids don't have a family or job that would be affected. Once I started my family, a couple of years after that I then realized just how stupid a decision it was. I just couldn't imagine making that kind of mistake now that I have children and see how it could affect a kid, something I wasn't seeing as a selfish college kid. I rarely drink anymore and I never even have a beer out at dinner because I don't want to get behind the wheel with my kids in the car, even after one. I have drank a beer out maybe twice in the last ten years with my kids there and let my wife drive home both times.

Golding? I can't honestly think of a good word to describe his decision. Get some runt walk on to pick your ass up if it came to it. Make those guys drive like fraternities do pledges, ha ha. How can he honestly go into a recruit's home now and talk about integrity and answer a momma's question about setting a good example and taking care of her baby boy?

First time DUI or first time caught? That could be the difference if he gets to stay or is asked to leave.
Dont see him staying.
1.... he isnt that good a DC
2..... right. First time caught or first time dui
3......character matters. Certainly a blimish
4......and wasnt right at limit. Well over to be kept overnight.

Nick will sort out. And do whats best for young man and football program

Back
Top Bottom