| FTBL Our Achilles Heal...

Take a moment to read Cecil's article:

Saban can’t be too careful with the rules

Cecil Hurt said:
With that said, Alabama can’t be too careful, given recent history. More specifically, Saban can’t be too careful. He is under intense scrutiny everywhere he goes, and it’s beyond intense when he recruits in Miami -- or Louisiana -- or virtually anywhere in the state of Alabama. He recruits hard, and he recruits well, and that is going to attract attention, too.

Folks, this is my only concern about Saban at this point (SEE BOLD quotation). Not b/c he has a reputation of violations but BAMA does :? (warranted or not). ALSO, he isn't exactly a media darling right now. I'm not at all concerned w/ CNS...not a bit. However, I AM CONCERNED ABOUT how the rest of the football universe is going to pigeon hole him & give him undue scrutiny b/c of our 15 year past. ;pu

This could be our achilles heal... :x

CWG- good post. The problem is as you said, like it or not, we are known as a problem child when it comes to violations are concerned....

I commented the other day, that this is why I cannot stand all this publicity. Right, wrong or indifferent, we do not need this kind of publicity... A bunch of guys were saying, "Any publicity is good for Bama". Well, I disagree. We have been labeled as cheaters unfairly. There are to many teams (AU, UT, Ole Miss, Univ. Southern Cal all come to mind) with spot lights shining and red flags waving and not one thing is being done..... It makes me angry, but it is what it is... I just hope Saban doesn't get tired of the scrutiny and move on...... You have to be able to recruit to compete. They all do it this way, but Saban is going to have to find a way to do it with out skirting the rules. It is frustrating that they can get away with it. But as I said, it is what it is.....:roll:

I certainly hope that he stays within the stretchable boundaries of collegiate recruiting. If Alabama got the death penalty, i think suicide rates in this state would soar...... :shock:

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Plus, CNS has a "I don't give a" attitude about him (which I like to an extent mind you) which makes the media and everyone else dislike him and us that much more and gives them an itch to "catch" us doing anything wrong; however minor it may be.

Just MHO though...

Outlaw said:
Yeah, I see what you're saying. Plus, CNS has a "I don't give a" attitude about him (which I like to an extent mind you) which makes the media and everyone else dislike him and us that much more and gives them an itch to "catch" us doing anything wrong; however minor it may be.

Just MHO though...

I have long ago quit worrying about what "other people think of us". I could not care less. If Saban rubs people in the media the wrong way, he is the spokesperson I want! I have become very selective in who I listen to and who I read. Most media-types can't get the hatred for the U of A out of their way long enough to be objective and it is what it is.

As long as Alabama stays compliant and follows the rules set forth (and we all know this is and never has been a level playing field re: the NCAA) then I am ok with whatever method Saban uses to deal with the media types, just as long as it doesn't affect recruiting negatively which thus far, it hasn't.

Let the Miami's and the cane Sports of the world take their jabs and stabs. In the end, it won't matter and it wreaks of sour grapes.

What do Bill Curry, the Shula family, LSU fans and Dolphin fans all have in common? :roll: The answer is glaringly apparent.

Back
Top Bottom