| LIFE ***Official Daily Dose of Ineptitude*** (enter at own risk)

I just deleted tapa, and reinstalled. This is what I've been getting for a while:

~

Correct. CBS Sunday Morning had a nice piece on him this week:

Thanks for sharing that. Americana is right in my wheelhouse, Isbell is such a talent, incredible songwriter. Outlaw Country on XM and Slacker Radio are good for me, too.

I was a Letterman fan in college and early adulthood, and drifted away from it as he became a grumpy old liberal, but I always enjoyed his choices of musical acts. Here's a good article from the Wall Street Journal on his affair with Americana, with a focus on Isbell. Another local Shoals band, St. Paul and the Broken Bones, played Letterman (and opened for the Stones at Grant Field). Another group I saw at Terminal West in Atlanta, Lake Street Dive, caught Dave's fancy. Look them up.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/americana-musicians-find-champion-in-letterman-1430929908

RTR,

Tim

@It Takes Eleven - I've read that article before. I can't remember if it was mentioned in there, but Isbell played at private parties out at Dave's Montana ranch a couple times.

The lead guitarist from St Paul and the Broken Bones also grew up just down the road from Jason and me. He was a bit younger, but he was an original member of Jason's band after he left DBT.

I saw SP&tBB open for Isbell at the Ryman last November. They were great.

Back
Top Bottom