| MBB/WBB No. 25 Alabama Falls To No. 4 Kentucky, 90-81, in Rupp Arena

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The No. 25 Alabama men's basketball team will travel to Lexington, Ky., to take on No. 4/3 Kentucky Saturday at noon CT (1 p.m. ET) on CBS. The contest will mark the sixth time this season that the Crimson Tide will take on an Associated Press Top-5 opponent.

Exactly two weeks ago, the Crimson Tide dropped a 66-55 decision to then-No. 5 Kentucky in Tuscaloosa on Feb. 5. Alabama had its worst shooting night of the season, connecting on just 28.1 percent (18-of-64) from the field and 10.0 percent (3-of-30) from beyond the arc in the losing effort. A full box score from that contest can be found below.

In its last visit to Rupp Arena, Alabama defeated Kentucky 85-65 which snapped the Tide's eight-game losing streak in the historic venue. It was also the largest win by a UA team in Lexington since winning by 23 points (94-71) on Feb. 23, 1974. Alabama will be looking to accomplish another first in the series this Saturday as the Tide has never won consecutive games in Lexington or Rupp Arena (11-58 playing at Kentucky).

The Broadcast​

• Saturday's game will be available on CBS with Ian Eagle (play-by-play) and Bill Raftery (analyst) on the call
  • The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play) and Bryan Passink (analyst) on the call, while Tom Stipe (engineer) is turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.

Kentucky fans are saying they'll be without three players today. Tyty Washington is one. Who are the other two?
Calipari mentioned it this past week: maybe Thursday? I've seen that routine from him before and all those "questionable" played.

I'd think we'd have seen more of a swing in the spread if Vegas believed him; but who knows?

Has it really been 10 years since UK won a title? Damn I'm getting old. It doesn't seem that long ago.

Also weird how that was Grant's only NCAA tournament team here and he nearly beat them in Rupp. One of very few good shooting performances under Grant.

Back
Top Bottom