| MBB/WBB No. 18 Alabama Outlasts No. 1 North Carolina in Quadruple Overtime, 103-101

Yeah he is an odd bird. Always has been. He has always thought highly of himself or at least he comes across that way. He also tries to joke around but he is just one of those with an odd sense of humor.

Back to more important things. Great win against good competition. I understand Michigan State had a couple of guys out. I am sure that helped but the players they had playing are good players and Izzo always puts a competitive tournament team out on the court.
I wouldn't worry about the players being out, we also took our foot off the gas after going up 18, we should've kept doing what we did to get there and we'd have run far far away with that one. I think if we didn't turtle up for that final 7 minutes or so we could've been up 25-30 by the end.

Man take care of that thing. I ignored mine and it burst on me and I walked around for a week with it like that. I’ll spare you the details but it involved gangrene, sepsis, two surgeries, and tubes for several weeks. Gall bladders need not be taken lightly.

That's rough right there. Hoping to have surgery in early December. Got a meeting to plan the surgery December 6th. Still bothering me st this mlment, but hoping to get past this spell and get it done as soon as the doctor's can.

This team is much, much better than last year’s. Defense is much better and even with the addition of some big guys they now have an inside game and don’t have to depend on 3’s all the time. (CNO came up with a plan B during the off season). Thank you coach. They’re still getting use to playing in games with each other but if they continue to improve this could be a special season for Alabama basketball. Oh….and one other thing…How about that Brandon Miller.. WOW!!!WOW!!!WOW!!! RTR

Great resume building win they know with all the talent on this team if they don't defend they won't see much PT.
JQ, Sears, Miller, Burnett, Miles and Bradley can shot the 3 this along with the way they attack the rim makes this a very dangerous team.

Great win. One that will look great on the resume in March when MSU is fully healthy. Alabama dominated the second half until the eight minute mark and allowed them to pull within single digits. Credit to Gurley though for finishing 4-4 from the FT.

Miller is a man. I don't know where he'll stand in terms of best players to come through here, but he is up there. He's only going to improve too as the season wears on. We need him to show up BIG tonight vs UCONN.

MSU put up a big fight on the boards in the first half, but it looked like we really attacked the glass in the second half. I don't remember them getting many second chance opportunities in the second half. Bediako got in some foul trouble early, so I think Izzo was smart to attack us more in the post.

Our defense smothered them last night with length and athleticism. Completely took away their perimeter and forced them to pull up from inside. Alabama's depth also wore them down. It's really nice to see.

If there's a weak point, it's that the defense falls off when JQ enters the game. But he is also our best passer (although Sears has been very crafty in this lately).

It was good to see Burnett knock down a couple of triples. He had a nice rebound in the middle too. I think his confidence is growing, but I doubt he'll ever really live up to his hype. Great defender though.

Team Stats

TEAMPTSPAFG%REBASTBLKSTLSTRK
UConn HuskiesCONN86.557.350.739.719.55.87.8W6
Alabama Crimson TideALA84.060.043.452.815.46.86.0W5

i
UConn Last 5

DATEOPPRESULT
11/24/22vsOREW83-59
11/20/22vsDSUW95-60
11/18/22vsUNCWW86-50
11/15/22vsBUFFW84-64
11/11/22vsBUW86-57

i
Alabama Last 5

DATEOPPRESULT
11/24/22vsMSUW81-70
11/18/22vsJVSTW104-62
11/15/22@USAW65-55
11/11/22vsLIBW95-59
11/7/22vsLONGW75-54

8 in 9 minutes, we're definitely playing our worst game. Credit to the defense they've been perfect so far and we've been careless with the passing. We need to drive the lane and kick out to 3. They're doubling and tripling down inside the lane, if we can set some people on the wings to kick out to we could have some wide open 3 options.

Back
Top Bottom