| FTBL NCAA Football 2008: Who plays?

rtauburnsucks said:
I wonder if Im ever going to grow out of the playing video games stage?

I need to. I have gotten to where I just play sports though. I can't really get into anythig else. Gears of War was cool for a while.

They have improved the 360 version in nearly every way. Last year the FR dropped below 30 many times which created poor collision fields and sloppy tackling. This year the game runs a VERY smooth 60 FPS and the collision fields have been fixed and added to. There are mid-air, multi-directional tackles, gang tackles, imporved juking and stiff arming and more. Your recievers actually have decent AI this year and will run their routes and adjust to the VASTLY improved coverage in the secondary.

I only played last years steaming pile of crap because it was all there was. This years is going to please all of you after you get used to the new play calling screens and UI.

More later....

My biggest complaint about last year's game was this: could it be possible for a DB with a 2 IQ and a 4 speed not be able to break from the left hash mark to make a pick on the right sideline? It seemed that the range for the db's was way out of scale last season. Also, it would be nice if the O-line could switch off to pick up blitzers a little more. I know that they are programmed to pick up certain positions, but I really hate the unblocked DT.

Actually, I've always been a playstation guy. I will probably end up buying a PS3 in July when '08 drops. I had been holding out on scheduling the surgery to remove my arm and leg until more (or in this case 1) decent games dropped. Oh well.

re

I have a 360 and I have 07 but I hope this years makes some huge improvements.

The 07 version (on my xbox 360) freezes sometimes. It also has problems with the little boxes that come up with stats during the game, sometimes those little boxes don't go away.

I am really excited for 08 though, as I am for each and every year of NCAA football!!!

CliffRollTide said:
I love playing NCAA football. I usually spend a couple hours putting names on all the players before I play a down.

I always add the names of the players. It is easier if you have a USB keyboard. You can get a full list of the roster on the official Alabama websight. The EA lists are usually 95% accurate or better in terms of the numbers relative to the position. Take note too, that there are duplicate numbers on the roster IRL.

I always get excited because the game usually comes out on or very near my birthday (July 12th). Last year I was at Target when the doors opened along with a bunch of other guys my age. It was hilarious because it was obvious why we were all there. The people in Target were giving us strange looks.

I've heard so many complaints about the 360 version of 07. I owned it for the PS2 and it was great. Lacked no features. I can't yet afford a 360 (and God knows I dont have the bank for a PS3), but I may have to break down and get one for '08, if its as good as expected.

As for the PS3 vs. 360 debate, they are technically basically the same, save for a few minor details. Blu-ray and HDMI on the PS3 are great, although the newly released 360 Elite console has an HDMI out. I have played both and I don't bash either and hope to own both some day. :D

I have mostly grey hair and a white beard (I actually greyed very early) and I get quite a few strange looks when I'm shopping for a new game for my birthday or Father's day or Christmas. Don't sweat it, have fun. You get old when you start believing people who say you're too old to be doing something!

BamaBullies said:
The release date is July 17th I believe.

Yeah, I have seen two different dates. One is the 10th and on is the 17th. I will ask my eomployee (or former employee rather) who works out at EA Tiburon what the official street date is. Last time I checked Gamespot.com had it at June 10th and IGN had it at June 17th. I am getting the game at end of June, about two weeks before the game comes out. I have agreed not to connect to Xbox live though until the game comes out. I am PUMPED.

Back
Top Bottom