| FTBL Move the SEC championship Game [Nashville stadium update]

The ticket sales are still split by participating teams, sponsors, conference HQ and general public. Even if you moved it to Nebraska, fans of some teams will still find a way.
Yeah. A % of Tickets are equal in distributions to participating schools

But large % of ticket distribution is to sponsors from local area.
And they get in hands of uga supporters

As it would be in Birmingham or new orleans of dallas. So doesn't matter

But really should rotate it some

Last edited:
Issue becomes where to move it. In the new SEC it would probably be in Mississippi or Louisiana to be central to all teams.
I'd move it to the new Nashville Stadium once it's built in 2025-2026 is the timeline I believe for that one. It will be a brand new dome stadium, and I don't think anyone could accuse Vanderbilt fans of taking all the tickets.

I'd move it to the new Nashville Stadium once it's built in 2025-2026 is the timeline I believe for that one. It will be a brand new dome stadium, and I don't think anyone could accuse Vanderbilt fans of taking all the tickets.

No one could afford to go in Nashville. The way they rake you over the coals through a room rental would be tough.

No one could afford to go in Nashville. The way they rake you over the coals through a room rental would be tough.
Every city will rake you over the coals. The cities bid to hold the game. They make up the cost through the taxes on hotels, restaurants, cabs and special events. The SEC has to consider number of hotels near the venue, access to the venue, airport volume (is it big enough?) and weather (that's why domed stadiums win the SEC, Big10, Big XII, and Pac 12 games).

Every city will rake you over the coals. The cities bid to hold the game. They make up the cost through the taxes on hotels, restaurants, cabs and special events. The SEC has to consider number of hotels near the venue, access to the venue, airport volume (is it big enough?) and weather (that's why domed stadiums win the SEC, Big10, Big XII, and Pac 12 games).

Correct, but Nashville doesn't have a lot of hotels that I imagine to hold their every day travel and then a big time game at the same time. That is what I have been told atkeast, in regards to the amount of hospitality options in Nashville from a realtor friend of mine that is actually killing it with a couple AirBNB rentals he has.

Nashville hosts 85-90k fans for the Country Music Festival each year so I don’t see an extra Saturday football game causing too much more of a stir than that. And those would not overlap in dates. Schedule the Titans for an away game that weekend and I wouldn’t think it would be an issue. And heck, if the city can handle 2 and 3 consecutive nights of Taylor Swift concerts… 😂 That is like a measuring stick nowadays.

Correct, but Nashville doesn't have a lot of hotels that I imagine to hold their every day travel and then a big time game at the same time. That is what I have been told atkeast, in regards to the amount of hospitality options in Nashville from a realtor friend of mine that is actually killing it with a couple AirBNB rentals he has.
Outdated information there’s a ton of hotels in Nashville and surrounding areas. Plus 4 more years of construction would bring a bunch more

Back
Top Bottom