| FTBL Mike Gundy goes O F F on the media!

Bama Bo said:
I'm kinda with Tommy on this. I don't blame him for defending his player, but after reading the article he was bitching about, I just think he went a little overboard. He's also caused thousands of people who would have never of seen or read her article to read it, me and most if not all of us on here included.

And from I gathered from the article (and I may be mistaken) she never stated anything as fact other than the quotes. She was giving her opinion.

Again, I don't blame Gundy for sticking up for his player, but I think he went overboard.

Dang Bo! Am I gonna have to go all Gundy on you?!?!?!

:lol:

Bama Bo said:
I'm kinda with Tommy on this. I don't blame him for defending his player, but after reading the article he was bitching about, I just think he went a little overboard. He's also caused thousands of people who would have never of seen or read her article to read it, me and most if not all of us on here included.

And from I gathered from the article (and I may be mistaken) she never stated anything as fact other than the quotes. She was giving her opinion.

Again, I don't blame Gundy for sticking up for his player, but I think he went overboard.

What I think some are missing here is this is the way she is and has been for a long time. It's not just with OSU, it's with a lot of teams. I first ran into her comments when we traveled to OU for the game. Same schtick then.

Bama Bo said:

Bo, I didn't perceive Gundy as going off or melting down as much as I saw a coach being a coach and delivering a halftime tirade or pep talk. Even his mannerisms were so coach-like, as if he were giving a fiery halftime speech.

It was only the coach in him that was coming out, not a raving madman or some berserk.

I'm sorry but it's about time some of these irresponsible journalists be called out and dressed down.

bear facts said:
Bama Bo said:

Bo, I didn't perceive Gundy as going off or melting down as much as I saw a coach being a coach and delievering a halftime tirade or pep talk. Even his mannerisms were so coach-like, as if he were giving a fiery halftime speech.

It was only the coach in him that was coming out, not a raving madman or some bezerk.

I'm sorry but it's about time some of these irresponsible journalist be called out and dressed down.

Amen!

Gundy made a statement that will carry him a long way.

"Let your kid come play for me and I WILL take care of him in every circumstance."

That's what I saw. If Gundy was recruiting my kid at least I'd know that he would stick up for him. Those are the kind of things parents want to see out of coaches.

reger60 said:
bamatommy said:
I think Gundy needs to be on medication.

Okay Dr. Tommy, I'll bite. Why? Because he's passionate when it comes to protecting his players?

Because he was foaming at the mouth. I think he overreacted just a bit.

Maybe the sports writer deserved some criticism, but he overreacted. Gundy seems like the kind of guy who needs to get over himself.

Back
Top Bottom